Forks Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #11  
I have an L3130 and I am glad I got the "skid-steer" quick attach bucket system. I have quick attach pallet forks. This is a great setup. You can safely lift alot more weight because the load is closer to the front of the loader giving the tractor more "mechanical advantage" I guess. If you haven't bought the tractor yet, get the quick attach system.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #12  
I own a New Holland 1720 with a STOL FC 350 FEL...
I purchased this set of clamp on forks last year and I have been tickled pink with them...
Yes, they will twist sideways with you if you are not careful...
IMHO, I could not justify spending the extra $500 for a quick attach option...
Adding a QA to a small CUT with limited lifting capabilities only compounds the problem by moving the bucket forward the front axles...
You can lift more than you think by curling the bucket with the forks...
Bucket deformation is kept at bay by adding metal shims under the screw hold downs...
I have not had any issues with the bucket bending...
These forks are overkill for my small CUT but they are the best buy I found...

Clamp on Loader Bucket Skid Tractor Pallet Fork chain | eBay

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #14  
I own a New Holland 1720 with a STOL FC 350 FEL...

Adding a QA to a small CUT with limited lifting capabilities only compounds the problem by moving the bucket forward the front axles...

Bucket deformation is kept at bay by adding metal shims under the screw hold downs...
I have not had any issues with the bucket bending...

I'd have to say that a QA puts the load a lot closer to the lift arms then a clamp on fork that is out at least the bucket depth from the lift arms.
I did try the metal shim route, used some 1/8 or 1/4 flat steel. I found that this made the forks slide sideways even easier if you don't hit your objective squarely. I even used a rawhide mallet to tap the screws tighter than normal.
I didn't actually bend the bucket, but the clamps left some nice divots in the bucket bottom.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #15  
I'd have to say that a QA puts the load a lot closer to the lift arms then a clamp on fork that is out at least the bucket depth from the lift arms.
I did try the metal shim route, used some 1/8 or 1/4 flat steel. I found that this made the forks slide sideways even easier if you don't hit your objective squarely. I even used a rawhide mallet to tap the screws tighter than normal.
I didn't actually bend the bucket, but the clamps left some nice divots in the bucket bottom.

You are correct on the forks being out at the front of the bucket...
I was referring to the QA attachment option placing the load farther ahead of the front axle...
My bad...
As far as the clamp on forks, I used a fairly thick shim...
I am thinking around 2"x2"x1/2"
The shims have worked very good in keeping the bucked dent free at the attachment screws...
The forks that I purchased attach with the lower part of the fork reaching all the way under the bucket...
I think that this helps facilitate not bending the bucket...
The forks support the underside of the bucket...

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #16  
What would the Bucket weight + the clamp on forks weight be? This might tell you what you may be able to lift. A proper Q/A and fork combo would ultimately be less than that and offer greater lift because of the reduced offset and total weight. Convenience, reps, time saved and cost all factor into an informed and appropriate decision.