Lighting an outdoor space heater (bypassing thermocouple)

/ Lighting an outdoor space heater (bypassing thermocouple)
We used a (handheld) lighter that you might use for a grill (think 8" extension) directly to the coupler.

I appreciate all comments. It's too late, we're not going to worry about it. We've got cover AND he's got an outdoor fireplace so we'll get that going. We intended on two heat sources in case it got cold (it IS December after all....why on earth my wife would come up with an idea of "Hey, we have a rotating bruch with neighbors... it's our turn, let's do it outside in December"

Wha??? (shakes and hangs head with disbelief)

Some might like that but I don't nor do I think, her cousin (and it's at HIS house lol!!!) I offered this morning when we were over there that we ought to make this "rotating neighborhood visit" thing.... more along the lines of "Let's meet at restaurant "X"" and we'll sit down, eat, visit, pay bill and be done.

My wife has been preparing for this for probably two weeks. That's her nature and I've never understood why she kills herself like that (been together for 33 years so you'd THINK I'd have a clue by now!)

/ Lighting an outdoor space heater (bypassing thermocouple) #13  
I have to hold that dang button in for a full 2 minutes before the thermocouple kicks in. I usually hold it in with a shop clamp.

/ Lighting an outdoor space heater (bypassing thermocouple) #15  
Could it be the tilt switch is bad?

/ Lighting an outdoor space heater (bypassing thermocouple) #16  
Why don't you call the companies to
see if they have them in stock. Usually
a lumber company that sells electric/gas
water heaters stocks them.
willy