LINAK Electric Chute Actuator

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #11  
Thanks to everyone for their insights.

I am in search of a place to grt the actuator repaired.

A brand new matching replacement actuator is close to $700. I can buy a complete Actuator "Kit" (B2516A) fro $627 plus tax from my local dealer.

I think if I can fins a place to repair it, that would be a much cheaper option.

But I can't locate a repair center for LINAK yet.

I could open it up myslef and take a look, but I don't have access to parts anyway, so no sense for me to try to repair it myself.

I'd suspect they consider them throw away items.

Recently I modified a unit to shorten and fit a confined space.
Not rocket science. Plastic gearing and sprockets would be the challenge.
Then a damaged motor would be end of ball game.

With measurements in hand go on EBay and you'll find a suitable affordable replacement for sure.

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator
I'd suspect they consider them throw away items.

Recently I modified a unit to shorten and fit a confined space.
Not rocket science. Plastic gearing and sprockets would be the challenge.
Then a damaged motor would be end of ball game.

With measurements in hand go on EBay and you'll find a suitable affordable replacement for sure.

Yes, too many thing are considered throw away items now-a-days.

I could probably figure out what is wrong with it... but getting parts would be a huge obstacle. Especially since I can't even locate any dealers/retailers or distributors.

I did find a place who said they would at least look at it. They do repairs actuators and other industrial equipment.

I think I will send it to them and have them provide a quote to repairs.... "IF" it an even be repaired.

A brand new actuator is over $600.

I found one on the internet for $189 that I think would work too.

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #13  
If possible... Perhaps mount it with the wires down next time to reduce another water ingress point.

Was this the stock actuator provide through Kubota?

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #14  
If possible... Perhaps mount it with the wires down next time to reduce another water ingress point.

Good eye... Yes mount it with the wires down. The rod has a wiper seal on it to keep water out the mount on the bottom with the wires will let water in....

Yes, it is the actuator from Kubota that comes in their kit "B2516A".

And they recommend mount with the wire "up" to keep water from penetrating the shaft end.

Good eye... Yes mount it with the wires down. The rod has a wiper seal on it to keep water out the mount on the bottom with the wires will let water in....

The mounting instructions that come with the kit state to mount it as shown. With the wire "UP" to avoid water penetration.

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #17  
That is just poor design for a linac meant for a deflector. Both the wires and the ram should be on the bottom to prevent water penetration.

That is just poor design for a linac meant for a deflector. Both the wires and the ram should be on the bottom to prevent water penetration.

I can't argue with that !

It's IP66. But I think since it's mounted so exposed to weather it should be at least IP67, or have some sort of rubber boot to cover it.

I just got back from the Post Office. I am sending the actuator to "Radwell" for them to lok at it and possibly repair it.

They will contact me with a quote. It's odd that the entire "Kit" (B2561A) from Kubota is $627. But if I buy just the actuator, it's $698.

WTH !!!!!

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #19  
I can't argue with that !

It's IP66. But I think since it's mounted so exposed to weather it should be at least IP67, or have some sort of rubber boot to cover it.

I just got back from the Post Office. I am sending the actuator to "Radwell" for them to lok at it and possibly repair it.

They will contact me with a quote. It's odd that the entire "Kit" (B2561A) from Kubota is $627. But if I buy just the actuator, it's $698.

WTH !!!!!

That's what makes the wholegoods kits so attractive. Sometimes it's worth buying for only a few parts.

IP66 should be OK for outdoor use. The second number is for water ingress with 6 representing "Heavy Seas"
or protected against powerful water jets. 7 is for temporary water submersion. The tests for 6 and 7 are pretty stringent.

I hope it can be repaired economically.

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #20  
Digging around a bit on Linak website found the statement below. Perhaps the OP is wasting time sending it back to a repair house.

Spare parts
Requests for information or replacement parts should be directed to the equipment manufacturer.

Contact information is generally found on the manufacturer's label or in your user manual. LINAK supplies manufacturers only. We do not provide technical support to end-users or service companies.

I'd look for another actuator readily available at a reasonable price.