Link belt for fan belt?

/ Link belt for fan belt? #11  
The fan belt on my bx25d is stretched out and needs replacement. Has anyone tried a link belt for this application? I am hoping to avoid having to detach the drive shaft.
Link belts work just fine. I've used many. Running all day for months on end. How? Belts pulling 55" fans on poultry houses. Link belts are better. One farm has 40 of those fans.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Link belt for fan belt?
Well, I went ahead with a official Kubota belt replacement. I wish I had gotten a link belt! It wasn't complicated, just really awkward. No part of this job is convenient. Just getting at the fasteners is the most annoying part. I ended up removing the brush guard and the sides of the hood to get at the lower alternator bolt. I did not need to remove the fan cowling or the coolant overflow reservoir. For the drive shaft machine screws, I used an impact driver with a wobble bit from underneath the tractor. Getting the belt around the fan blades was not difficult, at least.

This was the first time the belt needed replacement, at about 1600 hours. I hope the new one will last that long, because I'm sure not looking forward to doing it again. Next time: a link belt, snapped together in place.

/ Link belt for fan belt? #13  
I tried it and it was slipping and making it run hot.