LK 3054 PTO Cluch

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
Ok, Here's where I am on this. I cracked open the plate today to have a look. It didn't take me long to figure out I didn't know what I was looking at. I could see a bolt but couldn't tell if it was the one I needed to adjust or not. It was backed out close to 1/4". Could this be one of the three I need to adjust? Is there any way I am looking at the wrong bolt? There sure isn't much room to work in there!! Thanks for the help!
jb

Last edited:
   / LK 3054 PTO Cluch
I haven't been brush hogging since I bent my PTO shaft last fall so I'm just now looking at this problem again.

I had a chance to try to find the adjustmend bolts again this past weekend but ended up giving up before I could do any damage.

Here is a great pic by member Ohming that I think will help me out. Is it the bolts I've circled in red or green that need to be adjusted to 0.028" clearance?? I'm pretty sure it's not the ones I've circled in blue, but correct me if I'm wrong there.

And just to confirm, I should be able to adjust them through the port shown in the other pic? Right??

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Kioti-1.jpg
    Kioti-1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Kioti-2.jpg
    Kioti-2.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 924
   / LK 3054 PTO Cluch #13  
Cant verify the clearance as I'm at home not at the shop, but the bolt circled in red is where you want it, this gap is what allows the main clutch to disengage before the PTO clutch, giving the 2 stages. I believe the 2 in blue are just nuts on studs used to help align the clutch to the flywheel, they are in the same circle as the mounting bolts. these should be tight. the three bolts on the fingers are to set the gap between the throw out bearing and the fingers and all 3 must be at the same height so all three will engage at the same time. Again, I have not books, and I don't turn the wrenches anymore at my shop, so I don't know the gaps.

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
Thanks! Now that I know exaxtly what I am looking for I should be able to get this thing adjusted correctly.

JB

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #15  
As per the workshop manual, the clearance between the bolt head and the plate cover is 0.95 to 1.00mm or 0.037 to 0.039 inch

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
Ok. Here's where I am on this one. I was able to find the right bolts to adjust. On the first one, I was able to tighten it down to almost 1mm. This one turned fairly easy until it got to the 1mm gap then it wouldn't turn anymore. I couldn't get the other two bolts to turn at all. I was able to loosen them, but when I tried to tighten them, theu wouldn't budge. I was afraid I was going to bust the heads off of these two. I have about a 3mm (1/8") gap on these two bolts. Any suggestions on how I can finish up this little job?? Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks!
JB

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #17  
Did you release the lock/jam nut on the adjusting bolts? The repair manual shows a lock/jam nut between the plates; it rests on the PTO, or bottom(inner)plate

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
No, I did not release any lock/jam nut. Can you give me a better idea where it is? Ca I see/access it from the small access port? Thanks for the help!
JB

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #19  
Don't know? Am going by workshop manual and parts manual, as I've not had to address this issue myself. Both manuals show a jam nut between the travel plate and the PTO plate(by plate I'm meaning pressure plates), not clutch discs, although they're in the mix also. Going back to the workshop manual, I'm not even sure this adjustment is possible without splitting:graphics show the clutch units bolted to the flywheel and state (Clearance between traveling pressure plate and adjusting screw;
1. Measure the clearance between traveling plate and the bottom of adjusting screw with a feeler gauge
2. If the clearance is not within the factory specs, loosen the lock nut and rotate adjusting screw to adjust
3. After adjustment, tighten the lock nut firmly

Perhaps if you had someone depress the clutch pedal while you look into the inspection area at the assembly, you might be able to access the lock nut???? Wish I had more info for you; maybe e-mail Michigan Iron or other dealer for more info

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
Thanks for all of your help Patches. I'm going to try some of the dealers.

JB