LK3054

/ LK3054 #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
Any input is appreciated. Looking at a 2002 LK3054 with under 200 hours. It is in excellent condition. 4WD, diesel, Shuttle Shift, 2 spd rear PTO. What would a fair price be? It is just the tractor and does not include any implements. It is for sale by a private party. I have seen these tractors listed brand new around $14000. Thanks.

/ LK3054 #2  
In my 2003 edition of the Used Tractor Guide, in premium condition, it should fetch about $3,600 under it's original retail. I figured this out by comparing retail versus value for a 1999 model in my 2003 book. They price the 2002 retail at $13,400 so $9,800 should be ballpark for a base model without an FEL in premium condition.

/ LK3054
Thanks for the response. I am going to go take a look at it tonight.

/ LK3054 #4  
I couldn't find any recently sold LK3054 4X4's, but I did find where a 2002 LK2554 4X4 with 221 hours in "excellent" condition brought about $4100. Is there a huge difference between the two to make over $5500 difference in the value?

/ LK3054 #5  
Dargo, that sounds like a "too good to be true" price. The LK2554 4WD in 2002 retailed for $11,700. At four years old, it would only lose about $3,000 in value, so it should have gone for $8,700. Was the engine blown :confused: ?

/ LK3054
Went and looked at the LK3054. Has 186 hours and guy is asking 8000. I think that is a fair price, but it sure is a lot to only use the tractor 2 -3 times a year to mow. Sure it will be used more in the future when I start building, but then again I will have to purchase implements. So many pros and cons. Could buy an old 8N with finish mower, brush cutter and back blade for 3700, but then again I am sure it has thousands of hours and chances are it will break before the Kioti will. The decisions.

/ LK3054 #7  
kentrodngun said:
Dargo, that sounds like a "too good to be true" price. The LK2554 4WD in 2002 retailed for $11,700. At four years old, it would only lose about $3,000 in value, so it should have gone for $8,700. Was the engine blown :confused: ?

I've watched what many Kioti tractors have sold for on various sites. I don't know where you got your "only lose $3000" figure, but I'm sure you could fill several stadiums full of tractors you'd buy if you're willing to pay that much for one.

As Nissan found out, the one he was looking at has an asking price $6000 lower than the original price and I'm fairly certain, based on market forces, he can likely buy it for less. Perhaps if you go offer him $11,000 for it you would make his day. ;)

/ LK3054 #8  
Dargo, I'm only quoting figures directly from the Used Tractor Guide (I guess GUIDE is the key word :D). According to their book a 4 year old LK3054 would range from $8,740 in fair shape to $9,840 in premium. I used the book to help me "price" mine out a few years back and probably paid too much anyway :(. Chalk up another mistake on the road of life! One of these days I'll get it right.

/ LK3054 #9  
Dargo,

I don't think you are too far off. It is going to depend on condition, the price and warranty of new, the popularity in an area (are they supported well) and the sellers motivation. I would not let someone have my Kioti cheap. Where are you going to find a 30HP, 4WD, 2974 LB tractor, that is dependable, has good parts availabilty and a good track record for less? I have heard of people getting great deals on Kubotas, JD, Fords, Cadillacs, Etc. Does not mean that is the norm.

/ LK3054 #10  
Oouuch! I just got hammered on the head with a chunk of hail about the size of a quarter that raised a lump closer to the size of a golf ball. :( So, I'll be short (not tempered), but I've been lurking on all sorts of sites looking to "steal" a used Kioti. It seems that I show up a day late and a dollar short for all these super deals that have been going down. Oh well, if you don't look or try, you'll never get a deal on one. :)