Loader Arms Too Big??

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #1  

Glowplug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
I am getting close to pulling the lever on a Kubota M8540. I was looking at getting a Quicke loader instead of the Kubota loader. Quicke loaders are the cadillac of loaders. Looking closely at the specs, craftsmanship, etc. as a side-by-side comparison with the Kubota loader the Quicke loader far outshines it. The only concern I have is the loader arms are a slight bit higher using the Quicke loader which may somewhat decrease visualization. I really like that loader. I am considering ordering the "Hydro Quik" system which is a connection that controls all the hydraulic hoses with a single lever. That way it would be extremely easy to remove the loader when I'm not using it. Sitting on the tractor there really isn't that much noticeable difference.

Any thoughts from the wise men of TBN would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0332 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0332 (Small).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 637
   / Loader Arms Too Big?? #2  
Is there any way they have both setups to look at and test out before you decide which one will work for you?

/ Loader Arms Too Big??
wushaw said:
Is there any way they have both setups to look at and test out before you decide which one will work for you?

Yeah, I've sat on both configurations. I would've never noticed any difference truthfully but I posted a picture of that tractor on this forum some time ago on a thread I started called "My Dream Tractor" and someone pointed out that the loader arms are a little higher. There is a little bit of a difference in vision to the sides but not much.

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #4  
If you can see what your doing adequately (sp) then go for the Quickie otherwise it will be an expensive attachment that you will not be happy with.

/ Loader Arms Too Big??
Look at that bad boy! You can't help but love it!

Attachments

• IMG_0329 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0329 (Small).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 643
   / Loader Arms Too Big?? #6  
Glowplug said:
Look at that bad boy! You can't help but love it!

Chuck, believe me, the visibility issue disappears very quickly once you get familiar with the loader. I have yet to drive an industrial piece of equipment that comes close to having the vision of the bucket we have with compacts, but in no time you learn where it is. The JD 410 I use has horrible bucket visual yet I was able to get accustom to it quickly. The Quicke looks very well built.

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #7  
That does look nice:)

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #8  
Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmm, good. Just make the deal and buy it. It's what you really want, and you will get used to the view, or lack there of. Shame the sloped down loader booms are on the puny tractors..........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

/ Loader Arms Too Big??
I love looking at tractor pics. I wish there was a magazine entitled Tractorboy with a centerfold!!:D Of course, I'd have to hide that from my wife more than the "other" magazine!!;)

Attachments

• IMG_0323 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0323 (Small).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 512
   / Loader Arms Too Big?? #10  
Chuck,
The self-leveling linkage is a great feature - especially if using forks or otherwise placing loads with the FEL. Does the Kubota loader you looked at have top links?