Loader Arms Too Big??

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #11  
Glowplug said:
I love looking at tractor pics. I wish there was a magazine entitled Tractorboy with a centerfold!!:D Of course, I'd have to hide that from my wife more than the "other" magazine!!;)

Chuck,

Just remember that if you get the tractor and don't like the loader, I will be glad to drop everything, swing by and remove it before you regain your senses. Not a problem ;-).

jb

/ Loader Arms Too Big??
rbargeron said:
The self-leveling linkage is a great feature - especially if using forks or otherwise placing loads with the FEL. Does the Kubota loader you looked at have top links?

The Quicke has a parallel linkage for self-levelling. I will likely be using my loader for moving pallets and using forks for moving and loading things as much as for digging so that was important for me.

Just remember that if you get the tractor and don't like the loader, I will be glad to drop everything, swing by and remove it before you regain your senses. Not a problem ;-).

Thanks for the offer!! I'll call you; don't call me!

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #13  
Chuck- Looking at KTC's website the LA1353 loader they list for the M8540 is not a self-leveling unit. For the M95 and M105 models they show a LA1301S that has the upper self-leveling linkage. Looks like it would be similar to the Quicke for visibility. Anyway, the visibilty effects from the operator's platform would be small - the sloped hood improves the view of the bucket and the arms don't really detract from that.

/ Loader Arms Too Big??
rbargeron said:
Looking at KTC's website the LA1353 loader they list for the M8540 is not a self-leveling unit.

I'm not absolutely sure about that. I am sure however, that the Quicke Q35 loader that is on that tractor is a self-levelling unit.:)

Check out the Quicke website. You can download their brochure. It's got a lot of good loader information. Quicke tends to set the standard for loader development. They have been building loaders since the 1940s and that's ALL they do. When Quicke comes out with a new design idea or innovation other manufacturers tend to copy it a year or two later. . . .even Kubota.

BTW, the Quicke Q25 fits the M7040 and the Q35 fits the M8540. I just can't imagine the tractor that would fit the Quicke Q85!:eek:

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #16  
BTW ALO/Quicke supply all the M series loaders in Canada. We don't get anything larger than the 853 that is the same as the US. The loaders here are rebadged Quicke's painted to match and labelled Kubota.

/ Loader Arms Too Big?? #17  
An update to my last post, Kubota Canada now supplies both kubota labelled Quicke/ALO loaders and the US Kubota loader too. It is the buyers choices however the default non-self leveling is the US loader.