Loader Loader control hook ups on 855????

/ Loader control hook ups on 855???? #1  

rkboyer911

Tractor
JD 855
Hi there I have no way to tell how to hook up a model 52 loader to my 855....any help would be great!! I know there are 4 front facing hook ups but dont want to hurt anything by hooking them up wrong....THANKS!!

/ Loader control hook ups on 855???? #2  
i would guess the inside two on the tractor are one function and outside two are the other. take the lift hoses and try it. you won't hurt anything just keep trying till you get the right combination.

/ Loader control hook ups on 855????
thanks so much Hanson.....I figured it out....the loader had numbers marked on the hoses and as it goes..looking at the hook ups its 1-top left..2 is to the right of it...3 bottom left and 4 to the right of it....ya i feel like an idiot now...LOL thanks so much~:thumbsup:

/ Loader control hook ups on 855???? #4  
If your tractor and loader do not have them, I would suggest going to the dealer and get the colored dust caps for the hoses on the loader and the hydraulic outlets on the tractor. Having each connection a different color will make it easier to connect the next time you take the loader off.

Yes I need to get the dust caps it doesnt have any on it.....I just washed them out with some brake cleaner before hooking them up. So its time to go to JD and start spending some $$ I guess...I need some small parts
IE..light switch
dust caps
hour/tach meter

/ Loader control hook ups on 855???? #6  
I was going to provide this page from the 51/52 operator manual, but when I saw all it said was to match up the numbers I assumed yours must be missing/worn off. Glad you found them. Did your loader come with the optional parking stands? They are sometimes stored in the torsion boom between the arms.

Attachments

• 52 hoses.jpg
    52 hoses.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 395
   / Loader control hook ups on 855???? #7  
dont pay more for colored caps. a little spray paint does wonders if you need to mark hoses.

/ Loader control hook ups on 855???? #8  
Different colored zip ties around the hoses works well. If all you have is one color of zip tie, put one on #1, two on #2, etc.

I like the spray paint route....cheap and will look just fine on it.

I was going to provide this page from the 51/52 operator manual, but when I saw all it said was to match up the numbers I assumed yours must be missing/worn off. Glad you found them. Did your loader come with the optional parking stands? They are sometimes stored in the torsion boom between the arms.

Yes it had the stands with it also. guess I got lucky there...there pretty light weight but i guess they dont have to hold much...