Loader EP Grease for all grease points?

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #1  

jdavis3099

Tractor
Kubota 4630
Kuboto specifies EP (extreme preasure) grease for the 853 loader. Is it OK to use this grease for all grease points on the tractor or other implements for that matter?

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #2  
That's what I do.

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #3  
Fredex said:
That's what I do.

Same here! The exact same high quality grease goes in any zerk the tractor has on it.

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #4  
Yep, pick your brand as long as it is EP rated grease and use it on everything. I would suggest you use a Moly grease as a upgrade. Also for loaders and bucket type equipment use a grease that has a high Timken OK load rating of 80 to 100 lbs.

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #5  
The most important thing is to pick one brand and stay with it. Not as critical on fittings of the loader, but things such as mower deck spindles don't like mixing different brands of grease. With pivot points, it isn't the type of grease that you use that is that important, but to grease them often. A poor quality grease that is applied often is still better than a high quality grease that is applied infrequently. This is one of those cases where more is better. One thing to always do is to wipe up the excess grease, because it will attract dirt, and that dirt can and will migrate into the pivot if you don't keep after it. Dusty

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #7  
Dusty said:
The most important thing is to pick one brand and stay with it. Not as critical on fittings of the loader, but things such as mower deck spindles don't like mixing different brands of grease. With pivot points, it isn't the type of grease that you use that is that important, but to grease them often. A poor quality grease that is applied often is still better than a high quality grease that is applied infrequently. This is one of those cases where more is better. One thing to always do is to wipe up the excess grease, because it will attract dirt, and that dirt can and will migrate into the pivot if you don't keep after it. Dusty
Dusty.... I just couldn't resist....if you say it is important to wipe off the excess grease because it will attract dirt.... I believe you.

HeeHee

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #8  
I thought it was a good thing to leave the excess grease on since it kept the dirt/crud from getting to the fitting. When it was time to regrease, just wipe off the nasty stuff and you've got a pristinely clean fitting underneath. Have I been doing it wrong all this time?

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #9  
hsvhobbit said:
I thought it was a good thing to leave the excess grease on since it kept the dirt/crud from getting to the fitting. When it was time to regrease, just wipe off the nasty stuff and you've got a pristinely clean fitting underneath. Have I been doing it wrong all this time?

You and me both. I generally just let the globs fall off.

I use moly EP everywhere but my mower spindles. There I use JP6 high-speed stuff. LOTS of it.

Russell in Texas

/ Loader EP Grease for all grease points? #10  
rdsaustintx said:
... I generally just let the globs fall off. ...

There ya go, that's where I'm at :D