Loader lift and tilt question

/ Loader lift and tilt question #1  

denjen

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3515ch
GM, I am curious has anybody noticed if they have the bucket up in the air that the lift or tilt loses pressure and drops. I have 3515CH with 150 loader. A while back I was loading some scrap material in the bucket and after probably less than 1 hr I hear a noise and the plywood had slid off. So, I did a test leaving the bucket up over night and measured it and then checked it in the morning and the tilt had dropped over 8 inches.

The dealer was great about this, they swapped out the control value, cylinders, diverter, etc and still drops. He tested a new unit w/o diverter at his shop and did the same.

Last week the hydraulic hose from the main pump to the control value blew and the dealer sent me new hose and fluid, for some reason forward wasn't homing properly so i adjusted them and have to say love the simplicity of these tractors. I am not a fan of where the hose routes and this winter may try to find a better route for it and build a new hose.

FYI, as seat in the 15 series cab doesn't have arm rests I cut ~12" off a pool noddle and put it over the round handle on the door and works good for arm rest.

/ Loader lift and tilt question #2  
Many hydraulic control valves, change that to most leak down.
Often the manufactures will have a specified leak down rate of so many cc's per minute,
it does not take much for a bucket tilt to lower .

/ Loader lift and tilt question #3  
That’s pretty typical for hydraulics to leak down. 8 inches overnight isn’t that bad. You’re supposed to rest them on the ground when you’re done operating anyway. As long as it’s not leaking bad enough to interfere with operation I wouldn’t worry about it.

/ Loader lift and tilt question
Agree, about leaving bucket or implements up in the air; but it was easier on the old back having the bucket in the air. So, not a big deal, thank y'all.