Loader question

/ Loader question #1  

DK35vince

Tractor
Kioti DK 35
I have mentioned in other posts the poor bucket roll back power on my KL1450 loader .
The Kl1450 tilt cylinder specs are 1.75"x14.00"
The KL1470 tilt cylinder specs are 2.00x14.00"
My question is
Will the larger cylinders from the 1470 loader fit my 1450 loader ?
Would this cure my weak roll back power ?
Is there any reason upgrading to the larger size cylinders would not work ?

/ Loader question #2  
Vince,
Do the cylinders have the same extended and retracted lengths? If they do and there is no interference from the increase in diameter, you would be fine. The 2" cylinder will give you more power but, it will be a very small amount slower. By just going a 1/4" larger, slowing down shouldn't be much of a problem.

/ Loader question
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do the cylinders have the same extended and retracted lengths? )</font>

I'm not sure Jerry.
I was looking at the 14" the spec sheet was showing.
But I will need to check into that farther.
There is room for 2" cylinders without interference.
As far as slowing down the bucket roll, I hope it does a little bit, it is on the fast side now.

/ Loader question #4  
Both needs to be the same. Let me know.

/ Loader question #5  
Vince,

No doubt you're aware the larger cylinder will put more stress on the bucket and frame at times. Looks like the 1470 is rated for over 50% more load being accomplished with 7% more hydraulic pressure as compared to the 1450. Wouldn't want to see you add a new contour to your loader design /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Seems strange the engineers did not address this apparent issue in an otherwise well thought out piece. Have you verified your loader relief valve is correctly set at 2300 psi?

/ Loader question #6  
They do need to have the same closed specs as Jerry said as well as open. The larger size will slow it down a bit but not much and it will increase power. Now why would we have to modify a perfect machine? just playing DK!

/ Loader question #7  
Vince,
Before you go and change cylinders, check your pressure. If your DK is like the NH's that the guys have been checking, it could be off. It wouldn't take but a couple of hundred pounds of pressure short to make a pretty big difference. I bought a hydraulic gauge at TSC for only $20. I would bet that you have a plug up by the pump where you could connect it.

/ Loader question
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Vince,

No doubt you're aware the larger cylinder will put more stress on the bucket and frame at times. Looks like the 1470 is rated for over 50% more load being accomplished with 7% more hydraulic pressure as compared to the 1450. Wouldn't want to see you add a new contour to your loader design )</font>

I will only be increasing cylinder size from 1.75" to 2" so I think I will be OK.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have you verified your loader relief valve is correctly set at 2300 psi? )</font>

Sure did, that was the first thing I checked.
Came from the dealer around 2200 psi. I turned up to 2300 .
The lift power has always been good.

/ Loader question
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now why would we have to modify a perfect machine? )</font>

Quess I had that one coming ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
How about this, good machine with a very annoying feature.

/ Loader question
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
The Kl1450 tilt cylinder specs are 1.75"x14.00"
The KL1470 tilt cylinder specs are 2.00x14.00 )</font>

The spec sheets made it look as though the these cylinders may be the same length with a differant bore and might easily interchange.
Not so !
There is a 4" differance in length.Back to the drawing board to find a solution or differant cylinders.