Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool

/ Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool #1  

Zork

Platinum Member
Tractor
'04 Branson 3520, '51 Fergy, '96 MTD 18/46, '02 Craftsman GT5000/48
I'm looking for a new spool with the same hydraulic circuit and port sizes. I don't mind modifying the mount.

I have a 2004 3520 with the Ansung BL20 loader. I want to add a grapple circuit and maybe another.
My current Ansung 17004 2 spool joystick is sticking so I'd rather replace with a 3/4 spool. [Edit: my manual does not identify my spool, the 17004 comes from a later manual and the spool/hose circuit appears identical.)

If there is a direct Ansung/Zetor replacement/upgrade Ill take that route. Also, are there any $100 Amazon spools out there with the same in/out configurations?

Thanks

Last edited:
   / Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool #2  
If you find the manufacturer and model number on the valve you can look it up to find out what ports it has. It's usually on a nameplate or cast in or both.

I have seen plenty of joystick valves with a third spool for a grapple. Surplus Center has a couple. But not one with two added spools. You could make that with a sectional valve but that will be expensive.

/ Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool
Thanks, I wouldn't mind stick control for each circuit. [Edit: I've seen that one somewhere but my concern is damaging g my system because I have the wrong valve. I'll look for the numbers and see if I can find a flow chart. The newer branson manuals posted on this site (and mine) include a diagram of the hydraulic circuit, which seems identical.]

/ Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool
Theis diagram is where I presumed I have a 17004 spool. It appears that all these Euro-style spools have an integral Power Beyond (P/B) that is plugged and all that is needed is to remove the plug rom this P/B port. My spool already uses this port and all I have seen for sale are plugged and this is the common "T".
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604_143654_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_143654_Drive.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 46
   / Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool #5  
Theis diagram is where I presumed I have a 17004 spool. It appears that all these Euro-style spools have an integral Power Beyond (P/B) that is plugged and all that is needed is to remove the plug rom this P/B port. My spool already uses this port and all I have seen for sale are plugged and this is the common "T".
Any thoughts?
I don't think I've ever seen a valve (Euro or otherwise) that came with a built in power beyond that was plugged. Yes, most of them are power beyond CAPABLE, and often come with a plug in that port. In order to use it in power beyond configuration you don't just remove the plug, you need to install a sleeve that's made for that valve body in place of the plug.

Regardless of where you source your valves, it's wise to add that sleeve into the mix when choosing and ordering. Most of the reputable suppliers have staff that can make sure you get what you need. Some of the "willfitter" outfits can't do that. I've considered ordering valves before that looked right (in the online photo anyway) but when the subject of the matching sleeve was brought up, no one there knew what it was, let alone could they supply it.

Thanks, I just noticed that today, capable but the P/B is extra. Surplus center has a PB sleeve identical to mine bit has no measurements/details for it. The Branson parts list doesn't show it. I'm going to try and clean the mechanism on my joystick and if it stops sticking I will replace the boot and just put another PB spool & "T" down line.
Thanks

/ Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool #7  
Maybe your Branson is different but the loader valve on mine had a PB port from the factory. That's how the 3pt gets fed. You can tell because there are three connections in addition to the four work ports. The factory and dealer installed remote valves are plumbed in between the loader and 3pt.

/ Loader Spool: Identical circuit upgrade from Ansung 17004 (2 spool) to 3 or 4 spool #8  
Just being **** here, but I'm ASSUMING you know that you don't put a tee into any pressure in or pressure out lines. The only place you can use a tee is on the sump return (or tank) lines.

Maybe your Branson is different but the loader valve on mine had a PB port from the factory. That's how the 3pt gets fed. You can tell because there are three connections in addition to the four work ports. The factory and dealer installed remote valves are plumbed in between the loader and 3pt.
Thanks, mine has 4 work and 3 others. P-from pump, T-to tank/gear sump, and another that has the sleeve adapter; I do not recall the designation or if it has one, but it is connected with the T port (directlyabove) when the sleeve is removed.

Last edited:
Just being **** here, but I'm ASSUMING you know that you don't put a tee into any pressure in or pressure out lines. The only place you can use a tee is on the sump return (or tank) lines.
Youre good. The "T" I was referring to/ thinking of adding would connect to the first spool's T- line which goes back to the tank [to the T-line of the second spool. I don't think I would have to upsize that line as only one spool should be running through the T-line at a time that leads to the tank; correct?
Thanks

Last edited: