Local Kubota dealer not honoring warranty

/ Local Kubota dealer not honoring warranty #171  
Suppose reimbursement for warranty work isn't so great?

/ Local Kubota dealer not honoring warranty #172  
I would contact Kubota and let them know what happened with that dealer and have them suggest a better dealer around you

/ Local Kubota dealer not honoring warranty #173  
As a New Holland dealer I can tell you that the manufacturers are putting more of the warranty burden on the dealers. That being said, at our dealership we would honor the warranty, however warranty almost never pays for transportation of the equipment, which we would generally cover for a unit we sold, but not for one bought elsewhere. I believe we would be in violation of our dealer agreement if we didn't honor the warranty. I would check with Kubota customer service and relay your story.

/ Local Kubota dealer not honoring warranty #174  
I called Kubota customer service and was told "each Kubota dealer is independently owned" and they can each determine their own policies for working on equipment.

/ Local Kubota dealer not honoring warranty #175  
Same said to me…

Of course Kubota can structure s Franchise agreement to include warranty work or loose the Franchise.

A friend moved from California to Washington and he was told to go back to the selling dealer…

Eventually he explained he had moved and was not going back to California.

/ Local Kubota dealer not honoring warranty #176  
I finished up this mostly old thread. Very interesting and what poor business models seem prevalent in the industry.

A different field, RV sales, ownership and maintenance, has a similar tone. One can buy an expensive motorhome and be refused warranty work because the potential servicing dealer was not the selling dealer. I seen this many times.

Were just a great group of people aren't we?

I found this thread fascinating, FWIW.

Bruce