local news report from the cops

/ local news report from the cops #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
Horse And Buggy Fail To Outrun Police - Liquor And Careless Driving Charges Laid | www.thewinghamfreepress.com

Horse And Buggy Fail To Outrun Police - Liquor And Careless Driving Charges Laid
Source: Area OPP
Date: Tue Jun 23 08:26:51 MST 2015

(TOWNSHIP OF PERTH EAST, ON) On Sunday June 21, 2015, around 4 a.m., Perth County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers were patrolling the village of Milverton when they observed a single horse, black open buggy, with three occupants. The buggy was being driven at a greater than normal buggy speed and was swerving on the streets.

The officers parked at the Main and Mill Street intersection in the village observing the buggy pass them a short time later. The buggy driver sped up the horse as he observed the cruiser.

The buggy proceeded southbound on Main St. South while the cruiser followed the buggy without emergency lighting activated as not to frighten the horse. The buggy continued driving in an erratic manner with the driver attempting to make a sudden sharp left turn as it approached Pugh St. The horse jumped the curb while the buggy tipped causing the three male occupants and the buggy contents (including bottles of liquor) to spill onto the road. The horse and the buggy occupants did not sustain injuries and there was no damage to the buggy as it had landed back on its wheels.

The buggy driver, a 23 year old resident of the Township of Perth East has been charged with 田areless driving? contrary to the Highway Traffic Act. The driver and the two male passengers in their early twenties were also charged with 塗aving liquor in other than licensed premises, residence or private place? contrary to the Liquor Licence Act.

The driver walked the horse and buggy back to the farm from where it was borrowed. - See more at: Horse And Buggy Fail To Outrun Police - Liquor And Careless Driving Charges Laid | www.thewinghamfreepress.com

/ local news report from the cops #2  
I'd like to represent them in court. DMV laws do not apply to horse & buggy drivers.

/ local news report from the cops #4  
The law anywhere has no sense of humor. When I was a teenager the local cops used to get a kick out of chasing us street rod guys down. Most times we outran them but when they did catch us we were on a first name basis. While they'd be writing the citation we would be bantering about what mods we were going to do to our cars next week. Nowadays the cops will kill you no questions asked in a scenario like that.

/ local news report from the cops #5  
I'd like to represent them in court. DMV laws do not apply to horse & buggy drivers.

Many dwi charges have been filed against people riding bikes, garden tractrors, riding horses and driving horse and buggy.

Harry K

/ local news report from the cops #6  
"Many?" How many? Insert exact data here _________. What state? How many actual convictions? Insert exact data here ______. Why lump in bicycles and garden tractors to the equation when this is only about horses?

/ local news report from the cops #7  
"Many?" How many? Insert exact data here _________. What state? How many actual convictions? Insert exact data here ______. Why lump in bicycles and garden tractors to the equation when this is only about horses?

Do a Google search.

[video]http://duiwise.com/dui-dwi-answers/can-you-get-a-dui-dwi-on-a-horse/[/video]

/ local news report from the cops #8  
No thanks. The post is about horses who have a mind of their own and I have ridden horses on our country roads while I was literally asleep from working all day in town. The horse got me home. If you are one of these folks that believe horses and buggies are a danger to society to such a degree as to necessitate wasting taxpayer funded police time chasing them down so be it. And I fail to see the relevance of looking up "DWI" information when, according to the story, no one was charged with DWI.

/ local news report from the cops #9  
No thanks. The post is about horses who have a mind of their own and I have ridden horses on our country roads while I was literally asleep from working all day in town. The horse got me home. If you are one of these folks that believe horses and buggies are a danger to society to such a degree as to necessitate wasting taxpayer funded police time chasing them down so be it. And I fail to see the relevance of looking up "DWI" information when, according to the story, no one was charged with DWI.

You wearing a bridle with blinders?

/ local news report from the cops #10  
Dwi DO apply to riding or driving horses. Police have arrested lots of people for operating anything on the roads while intoxicated.