Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!!

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
I think people are getting tired of burning corn in their cars,,, :thumbsup:

A local Walmart added a gas station to the outer edge of the parking lot.
The Walmart has been there over a decade,, but, the fuel station has been open only a month,,

My SIL noticed the place is selling both 10% and ethanol-free gasoline.
The reason my SIL noticed the ethanol-free gas is that he has the
2284Weights_zps589c0951.jpg

He puts ethanol-free gas in that tractor because the tractor is only used to pull the yard cart.
So, the tractor sets for long periods,,,
Mowing is done with a diesel.

The ethanol-free is only about $0.30 more than 10% ethanol gas price.
He did not notice the octane of the ethanol-free gas,,,:confused:
it might not be the 93 octane I put in the chain saw,,,

The 10% gas was priced lower than any local gas stations,,
that might be "attention-getter" pricing? :cool2:
I had a 1993 Honda Accord that would get 15% better gas mileage when ethanol-free gas was used exclusively.
It has been a while since we have had low cost no-ethanol fuel available.
I wonder if our new Honda will give better mileage?? Hmmmmmm,,,,,,,

Anyone else notice Walmart selling ethanol-free gas,,,, YET!!??

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #2  
Yeah, some areas are slow to come around. My area, we have it all readily available most everywhere... E0, E10, E15, E20, E30, E50, and E85. I can get ethanol free at a dozen locations within 15 miles of me. There is no federal mandate that ethanol free can't be sold. That is state and retail directed.

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #3  
Interesting, does anyone know if there is ethanol free gas sole in Maine? I have a old vintagr car that the seals fo not work well in E0 fuel and break down...

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #5  
Thats awesome thanks! None real close but i can pln on bringing my cans when in the area of one.

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #6  
puregas.com has a comprehensive nationwide list of E-zero gas retailers. My local gas station sells E0 but because they're across the street from a giant marine/powersports store they can charge $5/gallon year round.

I still buy it for the saws, weed whacker, lawn mowers, etc. but can't afford to use it in anything else. Love the smell of E0 and I could pick it easily over E10 in a blind smell test. Smells just like the canned Coleman fuel which back in the day was called "white gas". Used to call unleaded gas "white gas" and prior to E10 I used to use it in my Coleman lanterns and stoves.

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!!
Today, I drove by the new station and took a pic,,,

Gas%20Price_zpsido52rwo.jpg

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #8  
My town doesn't have any stations (but does have a walmart), but a place close to work has it.
That price is amazing. I paid something like 3.69 a gallon this winter.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal for on-road use.. No?
Of course, so is off-road diesel.

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #9  
Few years ago tried to get Ethanol-Free Gasoline drove 50 miles round trip to nearest station, my "reward" was the gas station stole my credit card number and used it to make unauthorized online purchases! Needless to say never went back to that place. I would be willing to drive extra 20 miles to nearest Walmart to get corn-free but so far they don't even have any gas pumps.

/ Local Walmart Selling Ethanol-Free Gasoline!! #10  
I'm pretty sure it's illegal for on-road use.. No?
Of course, so is off-road diesel.

Why would you say that? I use it on the road in an old pickup. There's nothing that says "Off-road" about it. You don't pay road taxes on off-road diesel, that the reason you can't use it on the road.