Locally sourced fuel filter 4500P

/ Locally sourced fuel filter 4500P #1  

MountainBuck

Silver Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P; Kubota RTV-X1100C
Does anyone have a part number for a locally sourced fuel filter for the 4500P?

Napa has some filters for the ventrac in their book, but not the fuel filter.⛽

Before I go the generic route, thought I'd ask.

/ Locally sourced fuel filter 4500P #2  
wix 33011

• Good Post
Reactions: Lnk
   / Locally sourced fuel filter 4500P
Thanks prs for the reply.

To follow up, I went to Napa and they didn't have the wix part and their cross references didn't look correct at all, so I went to my Ventrac dealer.

Even though they claim they have been in business for 95 years, my local dealer could not seem to answer the phone and would only take my parts questions via a web form that required every field to be populated, such as business name and phone. I doubt he found my business name as amusing as I did.🤡

He finally emailed me a day later that one fuel filter part # 13.0053 would cost me $8.13 but didn't specify if tax and shipping were included. I rather think it was not. It would have to be shipped from Charlotte. On top of this, he wanted me to email my credit card information but I refused because I don't know who else has access to this email account and how long my email would hang around waiting to be hacked.

So I went to Amazon and ordered a filter that looked very close but it has a nylon mesh screen. I bought it and my wife installed it. With the old filter in hand, I cut it open and found it was not just a simple yellow paper filter as I expected but more of a fiber filter making me think it had a lower micron rating that the one I just installed.

When I ran the tractor, I no longer had the power problems that I was having, so I knew the old fuel filter was the problem with 300 hours on it.

I got concerned about the micron rating and started rummaging through ALL of the Amazon fuel filters looking for a better filter suitable for EFI. This was a futile task.

Then I had the idea to go at it a different way. The 4500P uses the Kawasaki FD851D engine, so I searched Amazon for the fuel filter for this exact engine and behold only one filter shows up. I found Amazon item B07HK6HR87 which looks identical to the original and explicitly states that it is for this engine. Oddly it still doesn't state a micron level.

This item is actually two filters for $8.96. If you're keeping notes, that looks to me that my local dealer marks these filters up more than 80% over Amazon.:mad:

So I've got these new filters on order and asked my wife to make time in her schedule to replace the filter again.

Attachments

• Vfilter.jpg
    Vfilter.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97