Lock-n-Lube worked well once.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #1  

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
I bought a Lock-n-Lube grease coupler and it worked great the first and only time I have used it. Today I was going to grease the finish mower and the collar on the Lock-n-Lube will not move. I do not see any reason it will not move. Anyone have this issue?

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #2  
I don't, I have used the Lock'n Lube for about four years, always works great; sounds like something is jamming the movement of your unit.

I use mind with a DeWalt Battery operated Grease Gun and have had no problems greasing any and all of my fittings.

Just how long ago was the other use ?

I do need an extension, would make getting to some fitting a little easier.

Ltr

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once.
It is strange. I bought it about 4 months ago and it was a month or so before I used it. Even pliers will not move it.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #4  
It is strange. I bought it about 4 months ago and it was a month or so before I used it. Even pliers will not move it.

To me yes it is strange because of my experience but is the outer portion stuck closed or open ?

It is stuck closed. I guess I should have greased it. :confused3:

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #6  
Not knowing what is wrong, try soaking it in a degreaser or a paint thinner... could be just dried grease !

There should not have been any reason to GREASE it !
The grease from use will usually grease it up !
I have let mine set for a while, one time, around three months, but I didn't have a problem, may have been because I then to over-grease my joints and grease goes everywhere.

I use a full roll of paper towels just cleaning things up, both during and after the fact !

I will give that a try. I was just joking about greasing it. I will say the grease was not dry on the end.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #8  
after using it most of this year only major complaint and irritant is the lever to depress and insert onto zerk fitting.
It would have been really swell Wally if it had been serrated for a good friction surface.
Very irritating when fingers are greasy and thumbs slides off so easily.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #9  
I have had mine for several years now and no problems with it.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #10  
after using it most of this year only major complaint and irritant is the lever to depress and insert onto zerk fitting.
It would have been really swell Wally if it had been serrated for a good friction surface.
Very irritating when fingers are greasy and thumbs slides off so easily.

Thinking on this, the only thing I might change is the opening of the jaws, sometimes they don't open enough... thinking on it.

I need to press the Head on one side and then slide it down.

I have never had the jaws come loose, but a better lever to press might help too !

But one thing for sure, it is one of the greatest Greasing Tools out there; I put it in place, pull the trigger on the DeWalt Greaser, and grease come out of the side of the joint.
It works !

Maybe Lock'n Lube will read this stuff and modify their tool to be a little more user friendly.:cool2: :drink:

Ltr