Locked Out

/ Locked Out #41  
I stick with Fords because they come with an exterior keypad to unlock the doors. Well worth it based on my wife locking her keys in the cars numerous times.

I also keep a spare key fob hidden inside the car. To prevent it from sending signals out (and not be able to lock the car), I just wrap it in tin foil to block the signals.
The he Work (?) and LT models do not anymore.

/ Locked Out #42  
I can't lock my regular daily fob in the truck, (I've tried a couple of times :) ), it'll blow the horn..
2019 F150 SXT (LT), owned it for like 12 weeks. Started truck, cranked the AC then remembered something I needed. Got out, closed the door like I've done before, take 2 steps, and hear the locks activate.

Looked and looked for the 2nd fob that I 'knew' I had to no avail. Called the dealer and explained what happened and to send out a guy with a lock out kit to get me in. 30mins later, service called back and said they had no lock out kit at the moment, but to call Roadside as it was still under warranty. Spent nearly an hour with Roadside between hold times and arguing with them because they wanted a credit card to pay for the 'free' service?? They also said that the paperwork showed I only received one fob, so searching for another was fruitless.

Called dealer back, explained, and after calling Roadside themselves and getting no where, finally called a sister dealership over an hour away to send out a guy. He showed up ~1.5 hrs later.

At that time, the car was idling for just over 4hrs... 3 mins later, I was in the truck.

I drive down to the dealer to give a piece of my mind and ended up with a free oil change, and a 'slight' discount on a 2nd fob, which would take 2-3 weeks to get. Went to service to schedule the oil change, and look right above the guy and see not one, but two lock out kits hanging right there 🤦‍♂️

About 2 months later, I found the 2nd fob I knew I had 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

/ Locked Out #43  
I noticed since purchasing vehicles with keyless entry that there are less opportunities to lose a key. The keyless fob is put in your pocket at the beginning of the day and never removed. You would only lose it if you are standing on your head or have a giant hole in your pocket. I work at a job where I make dozens of stops in a day in a car with an old fashioned key and every time I remove the key from my pocket there is a higher risk of losing it. Fortunately after driving for 50 years I have never lost a key.
This is what I had for years before the F150. Loved just keeping it in my pants (she did too...) and touching the handle, pushing a button. Was also great when making that quick run into the Post Office on a snowy day and just letting it stay running and locking the doors.

/ Locked Out
   / Locked Out #45  
   / Locked Out #46  
It's going to be tough on me when I buy a new vehicle. I carry keys in my pocket, and the fob is too bulky to be comfortable, so I never use one. After a few years, I have no idea where I put it. Maybe I'll stitch a little pouch into my hat. If I can't drive away without my hat, maybe I wouldn't lose it.

/ Locked Out #47  
My Ranger is keyless and I carry the fob in my pocket. My wife waits in the car while I get out to open the gate and the horn starts beeping. I have to take the fob from my pocket and throw it on the seat while I open the gate. Same thing happens in the shopping centers but I'm used to it now.

/ Locked Out
My Ranger is keyless and I carry the fob in my pocket. My wife waits in the car while I get out to open the gate and the horn starts beeping. I have to take the fob from my pocket and throw it on the seat while I open the gate. Same thing happens in the shopping centers but I'm used to it now.
Many vehicles, including our Buick & GMC, allow you to turn these alert options on or off via a menu. I find some annoying but hesitate to disable them since they are sometimes useful.

/ Locked Out #49  
I find some annoying but hesitate to disable them since they are sometimes useful.
Like the bell which sounds when you leave your key in the ignition? I find those annoying as all get out, and will pull the keys and drop them without thinking. On more than one occasion I've had to break into the truck.