/ Log in pop up . . . ugh! #1  

Bigfoot62

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5090M; JD 5085M; JD 5083E; NH TN70A; Ford 2600
First, let me say that I love this site. I post some, and read a lot more. I try not to complain, but I HATE the log in pop up. It usually gets me when I'm halfway through logging in. Then, most of the time, I get the invalid username/password message and have to start over.

I know this has been addressed by other members, but I didn't just want to respond to the existing threads. I wanted to officially go on record and have my say. There, it's done. I'll be better tomorrow. :rolleyes:

In case you're wondering, I do not have my computer remember my log in info, and I have it set to automatically clear history, cookies and log in information when I close the browser. (for security)

/ Log in pop up . . . ugh! #2  
Probably not the solution you are looking for, but if you wait a couple of seconds for the pop up, you can log in at the bottom of it. Used get me all the time too, now I just wait for it and log in at the bottom of the pop up.

/ Log in pop up . . . ugh! #4  
Correct!!! :)

Yep, I know I could wait, but I don't WANT to. :rolleyes:

I kind of figured that. Just trying to help, sorry if it irked you.

For the record, it would seem that for as many times this has been brought up, if they were going to fix it they would have already

/ Log in pop up . . . ugh!
I kind of figured that. Just trying to help, sorry if it irked you.

For the record, it would seem that for as many times this has been brought up, if they were going to fix it they would have already

Your opinion doesn't bother me at all. We're good.

Yes, you're probably right, but I wanted to vent anyway. :thumbsup:

/ Log in pop up . . . ugh! #6  
I have my computers set to clear history and cookies but it does remember my log ins and passwords. So, I just wait for the log in pop up to appear and when it does my log in and password are already there. Just click remember me and log in.
I asked in a previous post for Admin. to delay or extend the time before the pop up comes to give time to actually log in but nothing changed.

/ Log in pop up . . . ugh! #7  
Your opinion doesn't bother me at all. We're good.

Yes, you're probably right, but I wanted to vent anyway. :thumbsup:

You probably right, maybe more people should start threads about it. There is strength in numbers.

/ Log in pop up . . . ugh! #8  
What am I doing wrong (or right), I have never had this problem because I never have logged off, since I joined, so I never have to log in.

I am on Windows Xp (not much longer!) and Crome, with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Last edited:
   / Log in pop up . . . ugh! #10  
I find it very annoying too, Bigfoot! I clear everything, at least once a week, if not more often, for security reasons too. I will go a day or two, being "remembered", then get caught by the pop up. Frustrating!