Logging arch

/ Logging arch #2  
Anyone ever use a logging arch like this with their two wheel tractor?

No, I use our sub-compact tractor as a skidder. There was one of these for sale here recently, pictured attached to a quad.
Any idea what the 2-wheeler is in that video? You'd have to watch your toes with those wheels :laughing:

:drink:

/ Logging arch #3  
I built one similar for my BCS 850. Works fairly well on level of downhill, just not enough traction for a heavy load up hill, even weighted with duals. And all I have are hills. I have aded a Kubota 2230 to the fleet, now I use it for the heavier stuff. I can haul a 23" log probably 16-20' long, not that I would ever overload anything. I'll try to load a picture later. Easy to build, can be pretty handy.
That tractor had some awesome wheels.

/ Logging arch #4  
IMG_1726.JPG

Here is a picture of my logging arch, behind the Kubota. I use a old hand come-a-long for the lift. The front vertical bar is removable, I can replace it with a different, long extension that fits the BCS.
The frame is 2x3/16" tubing, wheels are foam filled off spares off a older, smaller BCS. That load is a little far back, but the young'n was trying.

/ Logging arch #6  
Machine in the video looks like Russian Neva (Нева, motoblok.ru). They are classified as midweight walking tractors and still are quite popular for tillage and hauling tasks where I live. So yes, basically it's a big tiller, but they have PTO and ability to use various implements. The design is time tested, though these machines have a reputation of not being particularly user friendly - but if you don't mind the belts and can fix and improve the small things that could have been made better, they are reliable workhorses.