Longevity

/ Longevity #11  
The little Fords hour meters would roll over again and again. I know of one that has started over at least twice.
I wouldn't hesitate buying one, but I will tell you that parts aren't exactly cheap for them when available!
If you abuse it, and it breaks, I hope you know of a good parts tractor! It is amazing at just how much abuse they will take and keep on going!
David from jax

/ Longevity #12  
It was my grandads it set in a side shed and was only used to bush hog his two field twice a year it only has 820 hours
Ha! Just keep an eye on fittings, wear on hoses, do regular lubrication and cleaning. Sounds like a great machine.

/ Longevity #13  
Oil and temp to watch and the rest is basic consumable. My 1700 has 1300 hrs in 40 yrs so it is not worked too much. Saying that, you can screw an engine in 1/2 hr brand new. Avoiding oil loss and not overheating is the key along with hyd oil maintenance for a long life. I have seen a 1700 with 3400 hrs and still ran well. I think 1910 would be no different and 3000 hrs are very easily achieved with normal maintenance. Stroing under cover and protecting from prolonged direct sun light also does a lot of good for all things rubber.

/ Longevity #14  
Shibaura engines are bullet proof. I have the 1 liter in my 1220, and it must have at least 3000 hours with out a rebuild.

/ Longevity #15  
Mine has 2400 on the meter and the meter isn't working anymore. You can tell from the loader pins it wasn't properly cared for but it runs like a top. At that low hours yours should have PLENTY of life left!

/ Longevity #17  
Clean oil, Clean filters, Clean fuel and grease will make most tractors outlive their owners.

/ Longevity #18  
Got rid of my Ford 1700 while it was still working since parts are getting pretty scarce.

/ Longevity #19  
I've had my 1900 42 years and it's still going strong. The proof meter died long ago so it gets serviced by the season, spring and fall, every year.