Look out guys, here they come!

/ Look out guys, here they come! #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
The week before Thanksgiving and they are already on the road.

CT.png

I was actually up in Ashe county today. Perhaps a little known fact, but NC and Oregon account for over three quarters of all the Christmas trees sold in the US commercially for Christmas.

/ Look out guys, here they come! #3  
I saw them yesterday in a farm store lot yesterday all the way up here in Maine!

/ Look out guys, here they come! #4  
Oregon i can see, maybe even Washington, but i'd not guess North Carolina.

Yup, i've lived in both places.

Many piano manufacturers were in NC because of the hardwoods in the mountains, furniture too.

/ Look out guys, here they come!
Yup, i've lived in both places.

Many piano manufacturers were in NC because of the hardwoods in the mountains, furniture too.

From what I had read, Oregon puts out about 8 million trees a year, and NC does about 5 million, which combined is very large chunk of the pie per output.

NC is a pretty neat state. You have the coastal areas and the mountain regions west. Growing up, always thought the higher elevations on the East Coast were Maine, Vermont, NH and NY. Found out later that most everything over 4500 ft on the east coast is going to be in NC, Tenn, VA and Geogia.

Consider myself lucky that we're at the base of the foothills here in NC. We have some good hills on our property for some good sledding, but don't get the harder winters west of us.

/ Look out guys, here they come!
I saw them yesterday in a farm store lot yesterday all the way up here in Maine!

A good friend had a cool job when we use to be safety boaters in WV. During the winter, he'd work tree lots in Texas during Christmas time and live in one of those campers on the lots. He'd pick up what he needed in NC and then headed to Texas. He and his wife got a little vacation after Christmas, got to travel, everything paid for, and he got paid actually not some bad money for the long hours. It's actually a pretty cool gig if you're single and looking to make some money. That said, you do have to work, and the hours can be long and either very busy or dead.