Lookee what I found Stihl 015

/ Lookee what I found Stihl 015 #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
My neighbor sticks things at the end of his driveway that he doesn't want any more. When I saw this chainsaw, I almost passed it by, but it included a bag full of chain oil bottles and 2 cycle mix cans, so I thought the saw deserved a closer look.

Sure enough, it starts right up and idles nice. The only thing wrong with it is that the shut off switch doesn't work. I won't complain to him, though. :D Says "Made in West Germany", so I'm guessing it is from the 80's. Is it worth anything?

Attachments

• IMG_5587.jpg
    IMG_5587.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 1,007
  • IMG_5588.jpg
    IMG_5588.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 1,364
  • IMG_5589.jpg
    IMG_5589.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 340
   / Lookee what I found Stihl 015 #2  
Better you then me. :p

Worth about 50-75 or as give aways is what I do with them plus 009 011 and mini macs etc too.

/ Lookee what I found Stihl 015
Better you then me. :p

Worth about 50-75 or as give aways is what I do with them plus 009 011 and mini macs etc too.
Darn and I was hoping it was worth a small fortune. :D Maybe I'll stick it on eBay and see who bites.

/ Lookee what I found Stihl 015 #4  
I have one like this over 20 years old, has been a good machine and always runs and cuts well.

Certainly no give away.

I would buy another one in a minute.

I have one like this over 20 years old, has been a good machine and always runs and cuts well.

Certainly no give away.

I would buy another one in a minute.
You may have your chance - watch eBay after New Year's Day. :D

/ Lookee what I found Stihl 015 #6  
Have you priced the new saws in that size? I wish my neighbor would do something like that.
I would keep it for limbing or as a loaner.

/ Lookee what I found Stihl 015 #7  
My neighbor sticks things at the end of his driveway that he doesn't want any more. When I saw this chainsaw, I almost passed it by, but it included a bag full of chain oil bottles and 2 cycle mix cans, so I thought the saw deserved a closer look.

Sure enough, it starts right up and idles nice. The only thing wrong with it is that the shut off switch doesn't work. I won't complain to him, though. :D Says "Made in West Germany", so I'm guessing it is from the 80's. Is it worth anything?

More likely from the 70's. I had a 015L, I believe it was the model #, and it was a great saw. Unfortunately it was stolen when I leant it to my former business partner.
Why not keep it and fix the off switch? Small saws like that cost a fortune these days. The switch should be easily fixed: Stihl | Chainsawr
This place has everything for most any saw on this and other planets!

More likely from the 70's. I had a 015L, I believe it was the model #, and it was a great saw. Unfortunately it was stolen when I leant it to my former business partner.
Why not keep it and fix the off switch? Small saws like that cost a fortune these days. The switch should be easily fixed: Stihl | Chainsawr
This place has everything for most any saw on this and other planets!
I have a Stihl MS180 and I like that it has a chain brake, otherwise I'd keep this little gem.

/ Lookee what I found Stihl 015 #9  
Sure enough, it starts right up and idles nice.

Nice find, TRAVEL!

33cc, early 70s, points ignition.

Worth $150 on eBay since it runs.

This is a good usable saw, too, esp if you convert it to electronic ignition, which is usually easy.

/ Lookee what I found Stihl 015 #10  
Darn and I was hoping it was worth a small fortune. :D Maybe I'll stick it on eBay and see who bites.

And be a "good" neighbor and take him half.