Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions #1  

All In A Days Work

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701, Land Pride RB3784 Rear Blade, Bearcat SC5540 Chipper Shredder
Hi Guys,

My wife and I are looking at buying our first tractor. We are looking at a L4701 it is a rental return with 220 hours, the dealer has installed different tires on it (low Profile) and lowered the finders. Here is the list of stuff that I have picked out.

L4701 HST
Rear Tire: 320/85R20 AG with beat juice
Front Tire: 25x8.50-14 R4
one rear remote - spring center valve
Heavy Duty round back bucket
Bearcat SC5540 5" Chipper/Shredder
And one of theses a Landpride RB2672, RB2684 or the RB3784 rear blade.

So my questions are about the tires that have been installed. Being a little lower profile then stock, if I ever decide to buy a back-hoe will there be a problem with ground clearance? Second looking for pro and cons on the back blade. The dealer thinks I should stick with the 72" but reading on here it seems as though the 84" would be better.

Tim

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions #2  
Of the rear blades that you have listed out, the RB3784 would be the unit to get. Way more blade than the 26 series unit. If you are going to be doing much grading at all, you may want to consider getting all 3 rear remotes now so that you can get a top & tilt set in the future and still have the 3rd one to control the hydraulic angling that you are going to want on that rear blade that you get. Be sure to get one of those 3 with the float function.

Sorry that I can't help you out with the back hoe question and I would almost bet that the dealer has in stock the rear blade that he thinks you should have.

One last thing, get skid shoes for whatever rear blade you end up getting. ;)

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions
Thanks Brian, I will look into the three remotes. Besides convenience is there another reason to do the three remotes at this time? I'm already pushing my budget.

Tim

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions #4  
Why the different tires?? Sounds a little odd...I don't think I'd want a lowered tractor.

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions #5  
Thanks Brian, I will look into the three remotes. Besides convenience is there another reason to do the three remotes at this time? I'm already pushing my budget.

Tim

Very common for the dealer to sell these items (options) at a better price with the original purchase than later on. Also a good chance of free installation. One of those things of you won't know without asking. You can always say that you will have to wait for later on, just to much money at this time. But again, you won't know without asking.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Why the different tires?? Sounds a little odd...I don't think I'd want a lowered tractor.

A lot of the tractors that size get sold or least to orchardist (Apple's and Cherries) and they install the lower profile tires to fit in the tree rows. I looked at a New Holland Boomer 50 the other day that had the same tires. I'm kind of along the same lines as you, but some of the folks that I have talked to around here seem to like them, but then again they have orchards. That's way I asked on here.

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions #7  
I wouldn't want ags and R4's mixed. Why not just put R4s or ags on all 4 wheels. Also if you want to change well the wheels work.

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions #8  
I thought that the r4 took a different rim. Just so you know going in that ag tires might not fit on your front rims. I have been wrong before.

Leejohn, The R1 and R4 combo concerns me also, but I know very little to nothing of the effect of such a combo. Apparently it works in the orchards. The other wheels will fit but I need to check on the finders, the dealer said that they lower the finders to fit the new tire setup.

2458n, Your right they do take a different wheel. The way I understand it is that the dealer has a custom wheels made for the setup. On the quote it says "Rear tires 320/85R20 AG with SB25617-1 3/8 6 Lug Plates"

/ Looking at a Rental return Kubota L4701 - I have a few Questions #10  
If you want to do finish work with the back blade get a tail wheel for the blade, and make it adjustable height so you can get it exactly right for you. Some tail wheels are fixed height . Also I recommend a hydraulic top link, and hydraulic blade slew, as those are the 2 you will use most.