Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion)

/ Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion) #1  

Ridonkulus

Tractor
Zetor Major HS 65
Im looking at at 2018 Zetor Major HS 65 Cab tractor with 173 Hrs, loader, and 2 rear remotes. Tractor appears to be in great condition cosmetically and mechanically. Ill admit that I didint know much about the brand at first but have done some research, and after finding a 3 generation family owned dealer within 60 miles, I started to entertain the idea of purchasing it. Older gentleman selling it stated the reason for selling, used 6 hrs in 18 months, no longer needed. Asking price is $31,500, curious what people think?

1683650482490.png

Last edited:
   / Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion) #2  
Ask him what he's buying to replace that one or take a good gander around and see if you see a brand new one of a different brand around his barn or garage. I won't comment anything on Zetor in particular because I don't know much about them but I'm always suspicious of a practically brand new machine for sale.

/ Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion) #3  
The Czech Republic proicuces a high quality tractor in the ZETOR.

Where will you obtain parts and service in Kentucky?

Zetor might have 1/2 of 1% of the tractor units sold in the USA.

/ Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion)
Ask him what he's buying to replace that one or take a good gander around and see if you see a brand new one of a different brand around his barn or garage. I won't comment anything on Zetor in particular because I don't know much about them but I'm always suspicious of a practically brand new machine for sale.

The story is he bought it from auction 2 years ago wanting to have a larger tractor to use but has never really put any hours on it. I requested the serial number and was given it without issue. I dont think its stolen, I have checked tractorhouse.com's stolen registry and reached out to a dealer asking about it and didnt find anything. The old man seems genuine about his story. Hes had it listed for quite a while, took it down and relisted it, originally listed at $35,000. Im sure hes not getting much attention because of the brand.

/ Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion) #5  
I doubt its stolen what I was saying is you can't get much at all for one on trade. So if he was having troubles with it and didn't trade it in because they wouldn't take it.

The Czech Republic proicuces a high quality tractor in the ZETOR.

Where will you obtain parts and service in Kentucky?

Zetor might have 1/2 of 1% of the tractor units sold in the USA.
There is a dealer in my area that deals in McCormick, Deutz, Zetor, and Claas. I spoke with them and they have a certified Zetor mechanic on staff and have access to warehouse stock for the more common maintenance parts and of course sell the tractors. They've been a Zetor dealer for 18 years.

I doubt its stolen what I was saying is you can't get much at all for one on trade. So if he was having troubles with it and didn't trade it in because they wouldn't take it.
So you're thinking that theres a potential that there could be something wrong with it, but instead of trading it in and getting rid of it he couldnt because theirs not many dealers that'll take. Instead hes trying to sell it at what I thought was a pretty cheap price to get rid of it so its not his problem any more.

/ Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion) #8  
Seems like a very good deal to me. Zetor is a very popular machine in Europe, and if you've found a servicing dealer close to you - I wouldn't hesitate if I had a need for a machine of that size.

/ Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion) #9  
If it suits your needs, I dont think I would over look it as being an off brand. The Major 65 looks like it started production in 2017, and remains in production. Czechia is a modern stable country. The question to me would be; would you buy that tractor size/specs, if it wasn't a Zetor; and if your saving a big chunk of cash; and need it; I would do it. If you wouldn't buy that size/spec, and it's just a good deal; I probably would pass.

/ Looking at a Used Tractor (Need Opinion) #10  
TYM made some models for Zetor. That does look like the TYM T654. This is may actually be good news as I think TYM has a lot more presence in the US than Zetor.