Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #21  
Some interesting replies and comments here.
It does seem that the most decidedly negative responses are from Kubota owners.
OP deserves all perspectives and can make their own decision with the comments provided by various members.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #23  
It does seem that the most decidedly negative responses are from Kubota owners.
I got my first Kubota SCUT in the early 80's when nobody ever heard of them. That was when the Japanese were starting to export quality vehicles into a market saturated by the big 3 automakers who were entrenched in the belief that North Americans would continue to buy any POS rolling out their factory doors.

I never had any troubles with my K SCUT. The K brand was carried by the local Case/NH dealer. Parts were always available from the stocking dealer when needed even after the machine was 30 years old. Even oddball parts were had within 1 or 2 days. I've bought 3 more K machines since then and have had good luck and good service with all 4 of them.

If you have a local bad boy dealer that stocks parts and is in it for the long haul then give it a go. You might get lucky and end up with a great machine that lasts you a long time. Then again you might end up with a boat anchor. We live in a disposable society now and customer service lasts until the cheque clears at the bank. Nobody wins the race to the bottom when consumers only look at price. That's why I don't buy my equipment from big box stores like the Borg.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #24  
It does seem that the most unhelpful responses are from Branson owners.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #25  
My purchasing policy, and the more expensive an item is, the more I adhere to it, is never be the first to own a product, nor the last.

I know of no one in my area that sells or owns a Bad Boy tractor.
Lawn mowers, yes.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #26  
Is this a tractor you are going to depend on every day for farm or work use or a hobby type item you will use as needed and a breakdown of a few days won’t break the bank?

if farm or work where you need it every day then having multiple dealers or long established dealers with extensive parts brings peace of mind.

If concerned about parts availability Deere was the best company with almost anything available next day. Not sure if still are today or not

I suspect Kubota would be better than Branson do to dealer network but have no firsthand knowledge of this.

Last edited:
   / Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #28  
Yes, your knowledge of this brand is impeccable as demonstrated in post #3. :unsure:
These debates boil down to one thing for me.

If I have to explain to someone that my machine is made by someone other than the brand name on the hood I've dug myself in a hole. And it has been proven several times here on TBN, that hole can actually be a grave. :unsure:

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #29  
I don’t own anything from Bad Boy but I do like their zero turn mowers, they seem simple and efficient.
I also like the Branson tractors so if the Bad Boy tractors are very similar I very likely would consider buying one if I had a good and nearby dealer.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #30  
I very likely would consider buying one if I had a good and nearby dealer.
That's the tough part....

Over the past year we've saw that with the RK situation.