Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #111  
Well I guess you got me!! I didn't even become a Kioti dealer until the spring of 2013. I signed the floor plan contract March ,26 2013. I'm very stringent in my trade's and where the product is bought. If you live in my area of responsibility and bought a tractor from a neighboring dealer, I do not want it and this holds today. To many people think tractors are like cars and that is not so. Some dealers don't want to proffit from the sale. I'm in business to make a proffit, just like you go to work to make more money. To do this usually it is required to advance thru some measure of learning. With my proffit I teach my employees, send them to schools to attempt to make them the best at their jobs. This is a cost that I'm proud of and I want my employees to be honest , helpfull & the best at the job at hand. This post was originally about the Branson line. Not the complaint department for my business. To date I'm still the number 1 selling Kioti dealer in Michigan. That should speak for itself. I'm not upset with you buying from another dealer I just don't want it nor do I want to work on it. I have enough of my own customers that I go the extra mile for. Thanks for the smear, but my customers that by from me do not reflect this opinion.
Interesting post. I'm pretty close to you (like 30 miles east and I've never heard of your dealership, but then I run Kubota's and have for years. First couple I bought from Dan Hupp and Dan's Farm supply but when Redline bought the dealership, I switched to Carleton Farm Supply and have been a dedicated customer since. Not impressed with Redline or their parent company either.

I personally know the owner of J&R Equipment in Monroe, Michigan and the parts manager and I have been good friends for years but I don't do Kioti at all. So that is pretty much moot.

Didn't see any smear in any comments.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #113  
5030, Thanks for the reply. When you think about it ask Jim about my integrity as a dealer. He will confirm my comments.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #114  
I would be extremely hesitant to buy any machine from TSC simply from the replacement part / warranty aspect. Did buy a ZTR years ago there and had an issue with the engine and had to go to an independent repair shop (my Kubota dealer) to effectuate the repair. Their OTD price was better than my dealer but no service, not even replacement parts under warranty.

Las time I do that.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #115  
5030, Thanks for the reply. When you think about it ask Jim about my integrity as a dealer. He will confirm my comments.
I will. I converse with them regularly in as much as they were a CNH dealer and I still buy my parts for my CNH tools from them. Cannot sell new equipment anymore but can still offer and sell replacement parts.

BTW, I'm aware of the Kioti corporate policy concerning new units and floorplanned units as well. Kind of counterproductive in my view but I guess it is what it is. We are living in some strange times today.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #116  
Bakoj, I'm hesitant to respond to anything, but I will answer that question. When a customer comes in for a warranty. We can fix things that are less than 1000.00 for parts with out a Repair Number. We need to take several pictures and order the parts if we don't have them in stock. When the parts come in then we install them. The issue I have is that they alot times for the repair that sometimes don't really cover the repair. The paperwork is like doing a mortgage. Then it is submitted and the wait begins. Before you know it you get an E-Mail that says the warranty claim is denied ?? You go thru a process that makes you want to pull your hair out. We do not get paid for all the paperwork, loading pic's and the reports needed for it. This is the worst part of what I do with the manufacturer.
Realize they just want to sell tractors to whomever wants to buy them. We have a contract that clearly states we have an AOR ( Area Of Responsibility ) I try in every way to follow this, including calling a dealer in the area for customers. This will allow for local interaction between the end user and the dealer. This is how it should work. I've gained alot of respect from dealers because of how I handle these sales. I've also irritated alot of customers doing this. I guess my approach is I would rather have a customer out of my AOR mad at me than a local one.
I have lost a ton of small warranty claims just because I did not want to be P- off by my supplier, and I did not file claims. I was told by my TM that I have one of the lowest warranty claims of most dealers. Just get tired of the fight with corporate. Now with that said throw some retails in the mix from dealers that just want to push products and have not a care of where it goes. This is what I call a car dealer mentality !! Just being in business without product & Parts is bad enough, now throw in the customer that will drive 2 hours to save a buck and then want you to solve his issues. This is not fair to any dealer anywhere.
like Bransons approach to this it states that the selling dealer is and should be the servicing dealer. This is the approach that alot of dealers are going to and starting to take these days. I guess I'm the only one that is willing to front the underlying ideas and problems. I'm sure I will again be smeared for stating what I have. Just understand theirs always 2 sides to every story and this is my take on the life of being a tractor dealer. Realize I get along very well with 4 Kioti dealers in the state of MI. We talk often and do dealer trades. I have a couple that I just can't get along with. I think they hurt the value of the brand when they don't profit from the sale. This also affects resale value of products and my employees and growth of a business. I'm not just talking my business. I again have talked to several dealers that are effected by this. Kioti has a dealer that has sold in 34 States last year. How's that sound. Remember that we have an AOR in a contract. What good is a contract if things are not enforced ? So the subject of terminating a dealer because he puts warranty work from product that he didn't sell on the back burner ! Just not sure what to say without incriminating myself. Just trying to make a point that the buyer does not understand.
Thanks for the response. This sheds a lot of light on manufacturer support and practices. And you make a really good point about AOR that I'm not sure I considered.

I know of a car dealer up in ID that will undercut anyone on price but I'm sure if I wanted
to take a vehicle bought there into a UT dealership for service, they wouldn't make the out of state vehicle a high priority. That is their right.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #117  
Bakoj, I'm just giving you an opinion of a dealer that truly cares about the industry as a whole. I've been faced with some local customers that have bought out of state because I could not get inventory, that truly would have bought a tractor from me & have apologized about doing so. These customers I feel warrant me taking care of them. Also the people that move to the area from another area or state. I will and do take care of them, They want to build a relationship.
The other thing we as existing dealers were faced with this year was new dealer start ups . They automatically get tractors before existing dealers that have represented their products. This cost me and other dealers sales this year. They also were shipping tractors to dealers that already had inventory. The fair and reasonable thing was to equally split tractor deliveries across the board and due to lack of product new dealers should have been put on hold. I've been on the top Michigan Kioti sales for the last 3 years and did find out today that I have been beat, Kinda disappointing. Good thing that I signed on with Branson in 2020 , I sold 77 Bransons this year and missed out on at least 50 Kioti sales. Just feel like I'm being kicked when I'm on the ground. Thanks for giving a care about the dealer network and understanding what most good dealers go thru.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #118  
I've been on the top Michigan Kioti sales for the last 3 years and did find out today that I have been beat, Kinda disappointing. Good thing that I signed on with Branson in 2020 , I sold 77 Bransons this year and missed out on at least 50 Kioti sales.
Very curious to know who was #1? Michigan Iron? Surely can't be my local guys at Aeschilmans, haha. I bought my ck3510 used but I believe it came from Ionia Farm Depot.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #119  
Bakoj, I'm just giving you an opinion of a dealer that truly cares about the industry as a whole. I've been faced with some local customers that have bought out of state because I could not get inventory, that truly would have bought a tractor from me & have apologized about doing so. These customers I feel warrant me taking care of them. Also the people that move to the area from another area or state. I will and do take care of them, They want to build a relationship.
The other thing we as existing dealers were faced with this year was new dealer start ups . They automatically get tractors before existing dealers that have represented their products. This cost me and other dealers sales this year. They also were shipping tractors to dealers that already had inventory. The fair and reasonable thing was to equally split tractor deliveries across the board and due to lack of product new dealers should have been put on hold. I've been on the top Michigan Kioti sales for the last 3 years and did find out today that I have been beat, Kinda disappointing. Good thing that I signed on with Branson in 2020 , I sold 77 Bransons this year and missed out on at least 50 Kioti sales. Just feel like I'm being kicked when I'm on the ground. Thanks for giving a care about the dealer network and understanding what most good dealers go thru.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #120  
Farm Depot. They started another location so they were able to get first order product. They are a good company and play in the sand box well.