Looking at Grand L in Canada

/ Looking at Grand L in Canada #1  

slowzuki

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455, Kubota M120, Allis Chalmers 7010
Hello, very new owners of 30 acres of land, 15 woods, 15 trees. We are building a shop next year and a house a few years later.

I have worked on farms quite a bit and have lots of experience with tractors around the 60 hp mark. We are looking at a new Grand L, at the small end of the line.

We have a 52 hp international with cab and loader at our disposal for big stuff such as baling but we are looking to get something a bit smaller for woods work and around the yard mowing/snow clearing that is all our own.

I want to be able to stop the tractor when a blower packs up without having to stop the blower.

I'm learning all the clutch options now! Who knew there is so much more that just asking for a 2-stage clutch! I'm now looking hst too.

All this really moves me up in price pretty rapidly and leaves me wondering if I'm going too big to be able to afford the nice stuff. With options, these compact tractors have quickly out priced a good utility tractor!

Any comments would be helpful, I did read the compact tractor book too.
Ken

/ Looking at Grand L in Canada #2  
Concerning your problems with the snow blower I would suggest looking at a GST (glide shift) or HST (hydrostatic) transmision. All the Grand L 30 series are available with these transmissions. If the price is a concern depending on your implments you might want to look at the larger B series (B2910HST). But keep in mind I know nothing about snowblowers, and what horsepower is needed to operate them, being located in Houston, TX!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Good luck in your quest

/ Looking at Grand L in Canada #3  
Ken - go visit Don Pelletier at Valley Sales and Service in Grand Falls. Tell him Tim from NH sent you. I believe they have several Grand L's on the lot.

/ Looking at Grand L in Canada
He must be a good dealer if you come from NH to use him!
Ken

/ Looking at Grand L in Canada
Still looking at the 3130 almost 6 months later, unfortunately the 2000$ rebate and 0% are no longer available in Canada.

I now know I want the option to mount a cab later (will have to be a Laurin or Curtis) I will be doing too much woods work the first few years and would destroy a cab. The laurin has flat glass at least so the windows are 1/4 the price to replace.

723 loader with QA for forks or brush grapple for moving pallets and brush.

Trying to track down Glenn's R1W tire swap.

Will be doing some small square baling, neighbour pulls a bailer with thrower plus a wagon with his Ford 3000 without loaded tires. I think the 3130 will handle the baler alone just fine at a slow pace. If not the larger tractor will take over.

Looking into belly pans for running in the woods, the filters and HST linkage look very exposed to sticks and slash.

Thanks for all the reading material over the last 6 months!
Ken