Looking at Used 3084, Any Issues With This Model?

/ Looking at Used 3084, Any Issues With This Model? #1  

Milo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3520, Ferris Z2100, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX, Honda Pioneer 520
Greetings. Long story short, my BIL ended up with a used 3084 (edit; 3184) as part of a package deal with a Polaris. He has $2,500 in it and will let me have it for that. I'm considering buying it for my son to replace his little JD lawn tractor, even though the JD is newer. The 3084 is about 9-10 years old and came from the original owner. It has about a 44" deck as the only attachment. I haven't seen it yet but he said it looks almost brand new and shows just 80 some hours. This being the case I'll likely buy it.
Does anyone here have any info on this model. I can't even find the specs on line. I did a search here and read what there was. My son would like to have a blade to push snow, is the hydro stout enough on this model for that? I'm going to look at it later this week, any problem areas to look for? Thanks for any information or advice!

Last edited:
   / Looking at Used 3084, Any Issues With This Model? #2  
Pretty sure that there is no such model. It is probably a 3184 or even better )but less likely), a 2084 which is a Super Cub and a great mower.

/ Looking at Used 3084, Any Issues With This Model?
Vince thanks for the correction, it must be a 3184 then. Maybe that's why I haven't been able to find any info on it?:D

/ Looking at Used 3084, Any Issues With This Model? #4  
From what I could find, they were made around 2001, have an 18hp Kohler Command V-twin and have hydraulic lift. I dunno if that means deck lift, or it's got auxiliary hydraulics as well. $2500 is high, but when you're talking family some times it's easier just to write the check!

73799904.jpg

Joel

Thanks JTKub. Just looking around on-line it appears to just have the deck lifted by hydraulics. I don't know anything about Kohler's Command 18HP V-Twin. (I had a Command 14 HP single in my Toro/Wheel Horse and that was a nice engine.) Assuming it doesn't have some kind of weak hydro transmission and it is in "almost new" condition, I'll probably buy it. Might as well keep the money in the family :D.

/ Looking at Used 3084, Any Issues With This Model? #6  
It's the model before the 3204, or maybe they overlapped, not sure, but same machine. The 3000 series is extremely tough and heavily built, excellent tractors. The 18 HP Command is a great engine, it will run the 44" deck with no problem, if you find a 48" deck it will be OK as long as you don't let the grass get too long.

All in all it's a great tractor, and with 80 hours $2,500 is not overpriced in my opinion.

Thanks Dave. I thought $2,500 would be fair *if* its in great shape. I'm looking at it this week end and I'll post a pic if I'm the proud new owner! Well, I'd be the new owner until I give it to my son.