Looking for a 3rd function solenoid valve recommendation.

/ Looking for a 3rd function solenoid valve recommendation. #1  

KarTek

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Guys,

I'm in the process of getting parts together to build a couple 3rd function setups for my Mahindra 3016 and my buddy's Kubota. I've looked at available kits as well as systems others have posted about on here and I just wanted to make sure of a couple things before I move forward.

The main thing is a dedicated PB vs connecting PB to the return on the solenoid valve. It's my understanding that it's not a great idea to connect PB to the next device/lift, etc. to the return of a valve, possibly because of the pressures involved pressing on seals in a way they weren't designed to take. I have previously added an aux hydraulic valve to the rear of the tractor utilizing a dedicated PB and it works perfectly.

So, to break it down:

1. Do I need a valve with dedicated PB outlet?

2. If yes or no, what is the recommended solenoid valve?

I realize there are a number of pre-made kits out there, built and sold by fine, honest companies but I have the ability, have a number of spare hoses laying around and I can save a significant amount of money doing it my self. Plus, it's kind of fun!

Thanks for the help!

-Evan

/ Looking for a 3rd function solenoid valve recommendation. #2  
As long as the single PB/return port can handle the pressure the tractor puts out, there is nothing wrong with using that kind of valve. The manufacturer specifies the limits in their docs.

All the solenoid valves I have seen have just the single return/PB port.

/ Looking for a 3rd function solenoid valve recommendation.
Thanks Eric, I'll check out the specs on a few choices.

/ Looking for a 3rd function solenoid valve recommendation. #4  
I used an Eaton-Vickers valve that I bought from Surplus Center.

/ Looking for a 3rd function solenoid valve recommendation. #5  
Flow? On my Kubotas the solenoid valves are twice as big on the larger tractor.