Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #41  
Check out Mahindra 6075 they run about $43k with most of the options your looking for.
That would be an awesome deal if u could get a 6075 for that low with cab and loader and the other must haves the OP listed. Cheapest I can find from a Mahindra dealer is $48k on Tractorhouse.com and that doesn't include 3rd function, 3rd set of remotes and the tractor doesn't have a buddy seat. It doesn't need DEF and it does come standard with e-pto which is nice.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #42  
Thanks for all of the replies. Didn't expect to get this many so quick.

The reason I was leaning toward a DOC unit vs a DPF unit was that I though they were more forgiving for running at an idle and lower rpms than the DPF systems. From reading some other threads, the consensus seems to be that running low rpms generates more soot, more soot means less time between regens, and more regens = worse fuel economy and is harder on the motor.

I know that we idled our old tractor a lot when we where working on a project rather than constantly turning it off and cranking it every time we moved the auger to a new post hole or whatever it is we were working on and I would rather not have to run high rpms all of the time. Honestly about the only time we ran high rpm was when we were running the cutter or lifting something particularly heavy like big round bales. But ptsg's reply has me worried that a DOC is going to suffer from issues with fouling the catalyst system with a lot of low rpm time.

Does there seem to be one of these systems that fares better with low rpm usage? Or do I just have to bite the bullet and change my tractor habits for modern tractors?

Haven't had a chance to look into the McCormick that was recommended yet.

The Mahindra 6075 seems to meet most of the requirements with optional equipment added (except rear 3ph adjustment). The LS MT573 (apprently there is a buddy seat option now) meets all except it is DPF. New Holland Workmaster and PowerStar (and their Case equivalents) allso seem to fit the bill.

Any experience or thoughts on those three tractors?
It's been 1-1/2 months since your original post, Highwing. Any success or updates?

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range
Well, I just took delivery of a tractor on Friday. We ended up buying a place with less acreage than what I was hoping for so we went with a smaller tractor than 75hp.

I pretty well narrowed it down to New Holland or Mahindra to have the features I wanted. The closest Mahindra dealership lost my business when I called and left 3 messages for a sales rep to call me and had 0 return calls. The next closest Mahindra dealer didn't have the model I wanted (6065) but did have the next model up (6075). He did offer a good price (47-ish IIR) but that was more tractor than I needed and more money than I wanted to spend and would have taken several thousand more to get the buddy seat and 3rd function added. He said that it would probably be more than 6 months before he got a 6065 back in stock.

My nearest New Holland dealer (H & R Agripower in Lawrenceburg, TN) was incredibly responsive and easy to work with. My rep didn't have what I wanted on his lot but he found one and got it there within 2 weeks. I ended up getting a New Holland Workmaster 55. They quoted me 39k cash or 42k with 0% for 5 years, which was better than anything I saw online except for one place in Georgia that had the same pricing.

I've only put a few hours on it doing some light loader work moving stuff around the place, but so far I love it. I didn't look at the Powerstar series in person, but if the Workmaster is the economy line, I can't imagine how nice a Powerstar must be. Fit and finish of the interior is great in my opinion. It's more quiet and more comfortable than my old Kubota M9540. Didn't know that an air ride seat would make such a difference over mechanical.

It came with a buddy seat factory and it's roomy and comfy as far as buddy seats go. My boy loves riding shotgun with me and I love having him involved with the chores and getting to spend some extra time with him.

The loader is smooth. One thing I didn't realize is that the 3rd function that I had NH dealer install is actually just a 3rd function diverter and not a true 3rd function. Not a big deal really and my fault for not getting it cleared up on the front end, but for a 1750 dollar add on, I thought it would be a true 3rd function.

Dealer did advise that I don't put put around and run it at 1200 rpm or higher to prevent clogging of the DOC. This is a small adjustment, but not too annoying. They also advised running it with a diesel additive to help provide additional lubrication to internal components. Official time between oil change from NH is 600 hours, but they advised initial oil change at 100 and every 200-300 hours or annually thereafter.

Too soon to tell how I will like it in the long run, but I'm really liking it so far. Thanks for all the discussion and advice that helped me get here.

Edit to add: One feature that I also like is that when warranty runs out, I looks like I can remap the ECU and crank it up it to a 75hp. The 55, 65, and 75 are all identical except for engine programming. So when I get a bigger place in a few years, I won't necessarily need to buy a bigger tractor right away.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range
Just wanted to give a quick update for those that have any interest in the WM55.

I got 24 round bales for the livestock and so had a chance to really put the loader to good use unloading the hay and stacking it into the barn. The tractor did very well. I remain impressed with how quiet it is in the cab during operation. It never got bogged down with the hay and felt like it had plenty of power to move the bales even when at near idle. In Range I, Gear 1 the tractor moves very slowly. probably not creeper speed but plenty slow for maneuvering bales in a small barn that is tight for space. I did find Range I, Gear 4 to be a little too slow for moving any real distance, so I did a little more range changing than I would consider ideal. Still getting used to keeping it rev'd to 1200 or better (as much as practical anyway. Sometimes that high of a rev makes precision loader work a little lurchy) but that hasn't been as big of a pain as I thought it would be.

I won't need to do any clipping until spring, so I can't comment on PTO use, but so far it's been a handy tractor with no issues. Only at about 16 hours.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #45  
Congrats on the new tractor. My WM75 PTO speed is 2000 RPM. I run it at that as I know what the speeds are for each gear/range combination. I only have 14 acres so needing to go fast is not necessary. Most of my work is mid range 1st (1.6 mph) or 2nd gear (2.4 mph) for mowing. Even with the suspension seat my back appreciates the lower speeds.