Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #11  
Not for 45 grand.
The McCormick link says $39,500
$45,000-$39,500 is $5,500
I can buy a used UTV for $5500.

So yes, 45 grand works.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #12  
I do not agree to your statement on the DOC.
I'm running a long haul truck, with a EPA 2004 CAT c13 Acert engine. A DOC was part of Caterpillar's solution to comply with the EPA standards at that time.
The DOC held up to over 40.000 hours until it was finally plugged.
Long haul trucks do not always have a lots of load on the engine or run high Rpms.

To one of the previous posters, if it says SCR, it requires DEF.

I would go with any DOC model any time.
Sure, however, we're discussing tractors here and if you go through some threads on this forum, you'll quickly find out loads of threads about clogged DOCs due to no load the engine or running at lower RPMs.

Just a simple drive 10/15 minute down the road in the highest gear and high RPM, most of the time is enough to burn all the stuff inside the DOC and keep the thing happy for some more time.

My dad had a VW Golf with a DOC. It was a mess mostly because he had a 5 to 7 miles trip to and from work, which was exactly the worst thing you can do to a DOC. The engine would barely get up to temp and it was mostly city driving, so no long stretches' of road to push it a little bit. That thing would constantly go to limp mode and of course, always with the worst timing. It was our first experience with emissions and after we learned more about it, we got the habit of taking the car on the highway once a week to burn all the stuff and that did the trick to keep it happy.

By the way, I'm not saying DOC is better than DPF or vice versa. I just said DPF is a bit more forgiving. Honestly, both systems are a mess on some cases, tractors is one of them.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #14  
Bare unit I presume?
Yeah, or the OP could buy a couple basic attachments. The grapple bucket that comes with it aint too shabby.

Heck, you oughta buy that thing if he dont. Youd like it better than your Kubotas.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #15  
Yeah, or the OP could buy a couple basic attachments. The grapple bucket that comes with it aint too shabby.

Heck, you oughta buy that thing if he dont. Youd like it better than your Kubotas.
But his Kubotas are the best thing in the world. You can't beat that! 😅

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #16  
Sure, however, we're discussing tractors here and if you go through some threads on this forum, you'll quickly find out loads of threads about clogged DOCs due to no load the engine or running at lower RPMs.

Just a simple drive 10/15 minute down the road in the highest gear and high RPM, most of the time is enough to burn all the stuff inside the DOC and keep the thing happy for some more time.

My dad had a VW Golf with a DOC. It was a mess mostly because he had a 5 to 7 miles trip to and from work, which was exactly the worst thing you can do to a DOC. The engine would barely get up to temp and it was mostly city driving, so no long stretches' of road to push it a little bit. That thing would constantly go to limp mode and of course, always with the worst timing. It was our first experience with emissions and after we learned more about it, we got the habit of taking the car on the highway once a week to burn all the stuff and that did the trick to keep it happy.

By the way, I'm not saying DOC is better than DPF or vice versa. I just said DPF is a bit more forgiving. Honestly, both systems are a mess on some cases, tractors is one of them.
Then do the same with a DPF. If the temp isn't right there when it decides to do a REGEN, you're stranded.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #17  
Then do the same with a DPF. If the temp isn't right there when it decides to do a REGEN, you're stranded.
I don't have to do anything at all. My tractor doesn't even came with emissions stuff on it. That will only be required on tractors in 2022 in Europe.

The VW was sold long time ago and the current vehicles use DPF and have been trouble free ever since we bought them.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #18  
Ranger Danger,

My Case Farmall 75C uses DOC (Diesel Oxydation Catalyst) so it doesn't need to regen or use DEF fluid. The Massey 4700 series uses SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) which is similar and it doesn't regen or need DEF fluid either. These are both current generation Utility Size tractors that the manufacturers have figured out how to meet TierIV and not need regeneration.
What you say makes little sense to my understanding of diesel emissions.

Most all diesels have had DOC for some time. Is an innocuous as a muffler. Reduces some of the easy stuff. Some of the carcinogens in diesel exhaust.

DPF gets added downstream from DOC. DPF only deals with soot. If the DPF can be kept hot enough it will not require raw diesel be dumped in the exhaust to burn it out. I had a Mercedes-Benz Bluetec SUV that one never knew when or if a regeneration cycle occurred. I had a 2008 Powerstroke that hit one in the face like a wet mop every regeneration cycle every 250 miles. With DPF the carbon is still there, only smaller.

SCR requires DEF (urea). The target is NOx reduction. Still has DOC and DPF upstream.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #19  
To get a new tractor for the price and options that you want about the only one I can think of would be an RK. I have no experience with them.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #20  

I doubt it. I don't do payment books all that well and there are no dealers close by either.

Maybe you should off your Kubota's and get something else.