Looking For A Pole Saw

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #31  
I thought I got it with a coupon at $129, maybe I'm off by the price of 2 beers.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #32  
You guys are being trolled ;):p:laughing:

After runner their IP email and usernames you will see. I banned them from my chainsaw repair website asking and trolling same questions over and over.

Also started doing the same post on another site and warned them already and they moved on. :confused2:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I figured that after the op had all of the answers!

Still interesting discussion!

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #33  
I have never seen the Lynxx as low as $129. That was the Greenworks. See #24 above.
last year here

Here is what the Greenworks 40V polesaw looks like inside. Overall, it seems well-made.
I like the use of ball bearings on both ends of the ring gear shaft, and a decent amount of
green-colored grease. The pole is metal, as is the chain-catcher. The only nit I see is
that the power wires are twisted together with wire nuts. I reversed and soldered them
before replacing the wire nuts.

So far, so good. I hope the ring and pinion gears hold up. They look OK and mesh well,
but I do not know the quality of steel used.
Does it looks like it would be easy to put in another section of pole and extend the wiring by cutting the existing and adding some in between? With the liberal use of duct tape of course.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #34  
last year here

Does it looks like it would be easy to put in another section of pole and extend the wiring by cutting the existing and adding some in between? With the liberal use of duct tape of course.

I do not recall ever seeing the Lynxx that low. I may have been mistaken if there ever was a 20V version of the
Lynxx polesaw. It seems they may always have been 40V. True?

The pole sections screw together with large plastic fittings over the metal tube. You could just buy a new section,
but I assume you are thinking of a custom build. This unit is already 10-ft long.

BTW, the Lynxx and Greenworks, both made in China, do not seem to be the same saw. Both use 40V batteries,
but I can not see if they are interchangeable. I doubt it.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw
I get a lot of response from the Black + Decker. Somebody says it's disposable garbage. Some friends talk about the Lynxx and Greenworks pole saw.

How about the Sun Joe pole saw? I am a little bit interested in the pole saw.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #36  
I do not recall ever seeing the Lynxx that low. I may have been mistaken if there ever was a 20V version of the
Lynxx polesaw. It seems they may always have been 40V. True? <snip>
True what? The Lynxx in the link is 40v for $129.

After having used the Lynxx some more I think it will fit in great carried on my M4700 and used to trim trail bushes. The 10' may be adequate. It will not do for my needs of trimming most trees where the branches would be far out of it's little 10' reach, which is about the collapsed length of my PPT 280.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #37  
The 10' may be adequate.

It turns out the Lynxx is only 8.5' long, not 10'.

My Q had to do with the voltage. Were the Lynxx pole saws always 40V, or was there a
20V version?

The Greenworks site also lists a version with no battery or charger. Additional pole sections
can be purchased, too. Note that the product descriptions and the boxes do not say if a
battery or charger are included.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #38  
It turns out the Lynxx is only 8.5' long, not 10'.

My Q had to do with the voltage. Were the Lynxx pole saws always 40V, or was there a
20V version?

The Greenworks site also lists a version with no battery or charger. Additional pole sections
can be purchased, too. Note that the product descriptions and the boxes do not say if a
battery or charger are included.

They came out at 40 AFAIK. All the Lynxx (except the stand alone battery) products I've seen come with 1 battery and 1 charger. I have not seen other bundles yet. HF lists "40V lithium battery, 60 minute fast charger" as included accessories on all.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #39  
I get a lot of response from the Black + Decker. Somebody says it's
disposable garbage.

I see that B & D has upgraded their old NiCad polesaw (the one I have) to 20V LiIon. Unfortunately,
it still does not have a chain oiler. I would stay away.

I also see that there is a PoulanPro 40V polesaw, and it seems to be identical to my Greenworks 40V.

/ Looking For A Pole Saw #40  
I bought the Greenworks 40V on sale at menard's for $99. Before that I tried a Ryobi 40V from Home Depot but had two problems with it - 1) reaching under a bush to cut it off I got in some grass and plugged it up - it doesn't have enough chip clearance to handle debris (if if is just wood chips no problem), and 2) I didn't like the floppiness of it. the pole sections snapped together but were very loose and the whole thing just felt floppy.

I am a big Stihl fan and looked at their gas models and almost spent the money but thought about the uses. this is not like a chainsaw where you may use it steady for cutting pieces up, this is for trimming. i was thinking about standing on a ladder that was away from the tree and trying to pull start a gas trimmer versus just squeezing the trigger of an electric for a short cut and then let go of it. Furthermore if anything did happen the electric just stops - no motor that keep running. The purpose of this is to reach our for a few cuts and the handier the better.

Having said that I did cut the top off a tree and then proceed to de-limb it for easier handling with my polesaw and it worked well. You do not have to be right next to the cut this way, i.e. less stepping ina nd around branches.

I have been very happy with the saw. I ran it for almost an hour one day with it in the cut about 70% of the time before it ran out of juice. that is over 40 minutes of cutting time in hard maple - I was very satisfied.