Looking For A Sander/Spreader

/ Looking For A Sander/Spreader #1  

swampy6

Gold Member
Foothills of The Adirondacks, New York State
Tractor
Mahindra 4540 4WD
We're looking for a sander/spreader for our tractor, the 3 pt is 31 hp. Something with a poly hopper/tub or something we can sand the driveway that we can pull behind the rhino.

/ Looking For A Sander/Spreader #2  
Used just a standard seeder for a while problem was keeping the sand from freezing. The other thing is be careful they will throw it quite a ways and HARD found that out when friend of mine and I tried it out one day after having a few to many tall cold ones. He was standing behind it watching and started yelling about it hurting.

/ Looking For A Sander/Spreader #4  
   / Looking For A Sander/Spreader #6  
I found an old Fressori seed spreader on my dealers junk lot. I paid $50 for it since It was pretty rusty and missing the driveshaft. I painted it and even found the original decal. Instead of the PTO drive line, I installed a hydraulic motor and powered it from a rear remote.

P1060530b.jpg P1060531a.jpg

I had to cut a second hole in the hopper to increase the material feed rate. I installed a flow restrictor in the hydraulic line to get the proper spin rate. I used a cheap outdoor fire pit cover for the hopper.

The rig works well for spreading sand and ash as long as it's dry.

/ Looking For A Sander/Spreader #7  
I found an old Fressori seed spreader on my dealers junk lot. I paid $50 for it since It was pretty rusty and missing the driveshaft. I painted it and even found the original decal. Instead of the PTO drive line, I installed a hydraulic motor and powered it from a rear remote.

View attachment 592988 View attachment 592989

I had to cut a second hole in the hopper to increase the material feed rate. I installed a flow restrictor in the hydraulic line to get the proper spin rate. I used a cheap outdoor fire pit cover for the hopper.

The rig works well for spreading sand and ash as long as it's dry.

Very cool.

/ Looking For A Sander/Spreader
The Sundown 180 is all hooked up, I had the sand/salt shield down all the way but the next time I'll raise it so it will pretty much do the width of the driveway. It beats standing on the ice throwing sand on the driveway.

Just a few pictures of the 180 and the little bit I sanded.

101_2272.JPG101_2271.JPG101_2273.JPG101_2274.JPG101_2275.JPG

/ Looking For A Sander/Spreader #9  
Does anybody have information on a decent tow-behind salt/sand spreader I could pull with my 1023E?