looking for an ideal garden tractor

/ looking for an ideal garden tractor
Randy,
solid point. I may be a bit schizophrenic here in all my pondering too so thanks all for bearing with. I know i have a varied wish list and truth be told it's hard to determine what will always be top priority. (Last year, my mower broke down so mowing was #1. A couple months ago, my brother brought about 30 trees for milling over so a FEL would've been #1. Now, after all the milling my drive is crap so a box blade and scraper are towards the top of my list!).

Yep--in an ideal scenario I'd have a zero turn, a compact tractor, and I'd keep one of my Gravelys for all it can do. However, a mid mount 60" would be a great improvement on my current mowing so I could see it displacing the desire to get a Z-turn if it worked out okay (plus it may handle the rough terrain and hills better than a zero turn on my property).

It may be the best bet to consider a compact tractor with FEL and some rear attachments and then to invest in a used Z-Turn. I'll have to ponder.

I will admit I dove down the B7100 hole and think they're pretty cool. Kinda like the Honda Civics of the tractor world.

If you do buy a z turn mower you will find that the mid mount mower will be used very little. For a compact tractor a rear mount finish mower is a lower cost option. This way you are not limited to tractors with a mid mount mower. A compact tractor (not sub compact) will have more fel capability. So the z turn plus compact tractor sounds like a good solution.

vigo--if i recall quickly you have a B7100, right? One question as I'm looking at a couple more....When you raise and lower the three point hitch, it also raises the belly mower, right? If this is so, does the belly mower ever limit how log you can drop the three point hitch when you're trying to do drag a rear implement (plow/box blade)?

/ looking for an ideal garden tractor #44  
Have you poked around on TractorHouse.com or MachineFinder.com for ideas? They link to used gear at dealers all over the country and sometimes have individual sellers.

Gtunney--I have been poking around TractorHouse. Good recommendation

What do y'all think of this:

don't know much about the Yanmars.
It's a tad bigger than what i was after, but I think would still fit under my shed.

Understand that Yanmars are good tractors. However, there must be a lot of cheap asian salvage ones making it into the local market because when i looked up old yanmars on google, about 1/3 of the sites mentioned this as being something to look after.

What are your thoughts? It's at the top of my budget, but the loader would be very handy. It definitely won't be the mower, but I do have my walk behind gravely for that and can save up next year for a used zero turn if it becomes important.

Should I wait for a KB7100 with a FEL to pop up or is this a good steal?
thanks!

/ looking for an ideal garden tractor #46  
tad bigger? i think you are over est. its physical size.

i think it sounds like a fine machine.

/ looking for an ideal garden tractor #47  
Any luck? I see the Yanmar add is gone.

/ looking for an ideal garden tractor #49  
Just created a new thread in the kubota owners section for my new to me tractor.

“Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right”

gonna go through it and talk about repairs needed on that thread.
thanks for all the advice!