Looking for best cordless drill to purchase

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #31  
I went to Ryobi several years ago simply because their 18 volt batteries powered so many different tools. Right now I've got about 18 different tools that all work on the same battery. I did switch over to LiON batteries and love them! I've got three different amp hour types of LiONs, so I can pick the battery for the job.

Flashlight
LED work light
AM/FM radio (rides with me in the UTV all the time)
Drill
Circular Saw
Sawzall (I agree, the best tool ever)
Jig Saw
Chainsaw
Sander
Trimmer
Caulking gun
Handheld vacuum
Impact driver - 1/2 inch
Impact driver - 1/4 inch
Shop Vac
Router

And I'd have to go down to the shop to see which others I have, but for tool versatility, you can't beat them for a homeowner tool.

If you're just looking for a drill, that versatility may not impress you, but if you're planning on expanding later on, take a good look at Ryoni

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #32  
You guys have all this modern high powered stuff.:D My cordless drill is a 7.2V Makita and I have no idea how old it is. An old friend died 12 years ago and it was in his garage. The battery was dead beyond charging when I got it. Anyway, I don't use one a lot, and I have 2 batteries for it, so it's always served my purposes very well. If I run into anything it isn't strong enough for, I'll go to my half inch corded Craftsman hammer drill.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #33  
I have bought multiple Hitachi tools from Big Sky Tools, all reconditioned. They have worked perfectly for building a barn and a large deck on my house where I loaned the drill-driver to my contractor's crew. I have both 1.5 and 3.5 AH LiIon batteries for all my tools. Yes, the LiIon charge dies instantly when it is depleted, but a backup battery changeout while the other charges is the only way to go. If you buy multiple tools, you can have sets and carrying cases with multiple batteries all for around $100. All my Dewalt tools sit idle while my Hitachi tools get worked hard. BTW: LiIon batteries are very lightweight and make the tools lighter and with much less fatigue.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #34  
I have been using this drill for three years. Replaced both batteries free of charge. It is the most powerful, yet small-size drill I have ever used. I don't think you can go wrong. https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/18-volt-lithium-ion-fuego-compact-drill

Also, their Impact Driver is great! Uses the same 18V batteries too.

Yep, I have 3 of the Ridgid. I burned one up drilling a 3" diameter hole in my roof using a hole saw. Dropped it off at a service center and I got a brand new drill in the mail about 2 weeks later.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #35  
I love my Bosch impact driver and drills. 18V lion.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #36  
The new 18V LiIon batteries work in my older 18V drill, which pre-dated the +1 system. So it should work.

Thanks guys K0UA included...exactly the info I have been wondering about...all the Ryobi nicads I have are shot...will be shopping for a LI battery/charger for the one+ tools I have...

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #37  
I needed an impact driver and really had no need for another drill but, found the reconditioned kit from CPO that I think was a good deal. Have bought factory reconditioned tools from CPO in the past with no regrets and saved money to boot. You may not think you need an impact driver until you get one. http://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-r...0&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=35-145687191-2 Good luck in whatever you choose, some great advice offered in this thread. Rick

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #38  
I can recommend using CPO too. That's where my 12v 2411-20 Milwaukee Hammer drill came from. $99 with free shipping.

Looking online at a new Bosch 24618-01.

At that price it should come with a lifetime everything :D

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #39  
I can recommend using CPO too. That's where my 12v 2411-20 Milwaukee Hammer drill came from. $99 with free shipping.

Looking online at a new Bosch 24618-01.

At that price it should come with a lifetime everything :D

OUCH. $300? let go of my arm!.. I am sure it is a really good one, but heck fire.. That is a chunk of change!