Looking for Discontinued gasket

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket #11  
I see those clamping marks now. Missed them first glance.

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket #12  
It's been like this since day one. ( the tractor is a 2011 )

You can see the witness marks on the gasket where it was clamped out of shape between the castings.

It started as a slow drip that I noticed in early summer and by the time I got my hay in the barn it was pissing fluid everywhere. No loss of performance to either the hydrostatic or the hydraulics.

View attachment 670942View attachment 670941
Not since "day one" or it would have been leaking since day one. You can see the original gasket location at the edges of the casting. There's lines of dirt or paint where it used to be. Is there any type of suction line that supplies that pump? It might be collapsing. I had a 1 1/2" suction line from the tank to the pump that was collapsing on my dozer. Or maybe a pickup tube screen is clogged.

In any case, I would make sure to glue down the gasket on at least one surface.

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket
Not since "day one" or it would have been leaking since day one. You can see the original gasket location at the edges of the casting. There's lines of dirt or paint where it used to be. Is there any type of suction line that supplies that pump? It might be collapsing. I had a 1 1/2" suction line from the tank to the pump that was collapsing on my dozer. Or maybe a pickup tube screen is clogged.

In any case, I would make sure to glue down the gasket on at least one surface.

You make a good point. There is indeed paint on the gasket in the first photo. Hmmm,,,,

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket #14  
Hi Tim,

I had the exact same failure on mine. It also appeared to be an assembly defect by Jeil. There were also imperfections in the mating surfaces that contact the seal which I ended up lapping out prior to reassembly.

To make a long story short, the local BobCat dealer was able to order part 6697252 from the factory in KR last summer. It took weeks for it to arrive as it was sent by ship! I also noted some slight wear on the georotor as the pump appeared to have sucked in a little crud. I tried to order a full rebuild kit without any success.

My machine is up and running with another 40 hours on it and zero issues.

Were you able to get your tractor up and running?

Steve

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket #15  
I just noticed a bunch of crud or something inside the bearing in your photo. Might take a good look to see what is it.

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket #16  
I just noticed a bunch of crud or something inside the bearing in your photo. Might take a good look to see what is it.

If you zoom in you will see it's just the coarse rubber mat on the table showing through the needle bearing opening!

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket #17  
Hi Tim,

I had the exact same failure on mine. It also appeared to be an assembly defect by Jeil. There were also imperfections in the mating surfaces that contact the seal which I ended up lapping out prior to reassembly...................zip........................

Steve

Interesting failure.

I am in process of reassembling Kubota F3060 and it's HST also has paper gasket in the same position and uses liquid anaerobic gasket dressing (like Permatex 51813 Anaerobic Gasket Maker).
That is what the WSM recommends, that is how I have reassembled it and that's how it originally came from the factory.

/ Looking for Discontinued gasket #18  
Your valve plates look to be in great shape. You are right that you can not mess with the clearance that you get with using a gasket of the right thickness here. I just rebuilt the HST on my 30yo Kubota, and the parts are still available from the maker.

What you can do if you can't get the gasket is to use gasket goo (I like RTV silicone) along with some solid gasket material between the bolt holes for clearance. I sometimes do it that way.

I have never been this deep into my own 16yo CK30, cuz it has been so reliable. Your gasket failure may be due to improperly torqued HST bolts. Have you posted pix on the splitting operation?

Thanks for posting!