Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing....

/ Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing.... #2  
No experience with this particular snowblower. But, in every snowblower I have seen, the sprocket sits overtop the chain and presses down. My guess is that your chain is too long, and needs a few links removed. Run a straight edge from the top of the drive sprocket to the top of the driven sprocket and it should clear the bottom of that slot. If it does, the chain is too long and the sprocket should sit above the chain.

/ Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing.... #3  
The sprocket sits on top of the chain on the snowblower I had. I, like many, think your chain is too long.

/ Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing....
Running a straight edge there is more than enough clearance for the chain thru the slot and (it looks like) there is still plenty of room to slide the tensioner up so the chain is still under it...

I'm guessing this chain is completely stretched out...

Don't have the time to replace it today, but will update when I do...

Thanks Guys

/ Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing.... #5  
You don't have to replace the chain. Go to YouTube and check out videos for removing master link. Then you simply grind out one of links, then re-attach the master link.

/ Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing....
You don't have to replace the chain. Go to YouTube and check out videos for removing master link. Then you simply grind out one of links, then re-attach the master link.

Yeah I know, but for $25 got new a new chain

/ Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing.... #7  
Sent you a PM

Thanks blower 3pt.jpg

/ Looking for help from fellow Kubota owners on Puma 54 snowblower, Chain routing.... #9  
Found this Puma parts drawing - it doesn't really show the chain routing. I'd shorten the existing chain and assemble it either over or under the idler, whichever seems best. My 7-foot blowers have a single tall chain slot. Maybe yours slot should be cut to suit?

Attachments

• puma 54 blower.JPG
    puma 54 blower.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 353
post updated.

Thank for the help guys...