Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks

/ Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks #1  

tommott77

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1430 Deutz, Kubota bx1880, CAT 301.7D mini ex
Hi All,

I've been looking at BX18xxs to fit my need as a smaller end of the spectrum SCUT for my home property. I have had Deere SCUTs in the past but want to try Kubota as they appear to be somewhat smaller machines (especially the 1870 and older BX18s) compared to Deere and I want to try something different. I am looking at some slightly used machines, mainly BX1870/80s, as new BX1880s seem impossible to come by for now.

I am struggling with understanding the various attachment methods that Kubota has gone with with their loader buckets. I am aware that the new 1880s have the skid steer style quick connect as an option. They also have a rigid bucket option on the new loaders. From best I can tell the 1870s and older had a different style quick connect bucket and the rigid bucket options as well, but I may be wrong on that.

I really want/need to run some forks on my new machine. I am aware of and fine with the limited lift capacity. Unfortunately most of the buckets I am seeing on the tractors on the used market appear to be the rigid mount, or at least appear to have pins with bolts. I'm aware of the clamp-on forks but am looking for a better solution and am wondering what, if any, other options there are for forks on the rigid buckets? It looks like Everything Attachments (there may be others) offers a quick plate adapter for some of the other older loaders including the LA203 on the 1870. It looks like however that may not work on the newer LA344 loader on the 1880 as the loader pins on the rigid bucket are longer and work in conjunction with the new loader stand. Also I guess if I were to switch a rigid bucket to the quick connect I would have to buy both forks and a new bucket at that point?

Can someone help educate on uneducated dolt when it comes to Kubotas on the options to get forks on a rigid Kubota bucket who's used to the single quick connect style on the Deere?

Last edited:
   / Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks #2  
Hi All,

I've been looking at BX18xxs to fit my need as a smaller end of the spectrum SCUT for my home property. I have had Deere SCUTs in the past but want to try Kubota as they appear to be somewhat smaller machines (especially the 1870 and older BX18s) compared to Deere and I want to try something different. I am looking at some slightly used machines, mainly BX1870/80s, as new BX1880s seem impossible to come by for now.

I am struggling with understanding the various attachment methods that Kubota has gone with with their loader buckets. I am aware that the new 1880s have the skid steer style quick connect as an option. They also have a rigid bucket option on the new loaders. From best I can tell the 1870s and older had a different style quick connect bucket and the rigid bucket options as well, but I may be wrong on that.

I really want/need to run some forks on my new machine. I am aware of and fine with the limited lift capacity. Unfortunately most of the buckets I am seeing on the tractors on the used market appear to be the rigid mount, or at least appear to have pins with bolts. I'm aware of the clamp-on forks but am looking for a better solution and am wondering what, if any, other options there are for forks on the rigid buckets? It looks like Everything Attachments (there may be others) offers a quick plate adapter for some of the other older loaders including the LA203 on the 1870. It looks like however that may not work on the newer LA344 loader on the 1880 as the loader pins on the rigid bucket are longer and work in conjunction with the new loader stand. Also I guess if I were to switch a rigid bucket to the quick connect I would have to buy both forks and a new bucket at that point?

Can someone help educate on uneducated dolt when it comes to Kubotas on the options to get forks on a rigid Kubota bucket who's used to the single quick connect style on the Deere?

Try bxpanded.com

/ Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks
Try bxpanded.com
Thanks for that. I had been on there several times but last night it all finally made sense to me with the way they had it broken down into the different generations of tractors/loaders.

What do people do with their original buckets that switch to the bxpanded quick connect? With the EA attachments quick connect with it being a universal skid steer type connection they just offer a weld-on plate. Doesn’t look like the EA quick connect supports the current 1880/LA344. Do the folks that go bxpanded just use their old buckets as yard art, lol?

/ Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks #4  
On my BX2230, I have Jery Dunn's MyTractors Tach-N-Go quick attach system and his original fixed forks.

Check out this TBN Post Jery Dunn Tach-N-Go and Forks

He sent pins to install in my pin on bucket to allow me to use my bucket with his system.

I know there are other posts here on TBN about various quick attach systems work on the little BX's. Weight considerations are important to look at also. Jon

/ Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks #5  
I just use the Titan Attachment clamp on forks. Always works well for me. It's also nice they are not machine specific and I can share the wealth with my neighbor on his machine.

/ Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks #6  
I'm aware of the clamp-on forks but am looking for a better solution.

As you cannot pick up a laden pallet with a BX, why do you want a reduction in your lift capacity by using SSQA pallet forks, which are overbuilt for BX use?

Titan Pallet Forks will install and remove as easily as SSQA Pallet Forks.

30" length is optimum match to BX FEL lift capability.

Note the favorable reviews.

Last edited:
   / Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks #7  
I'll add... tractors are not forklifts and as Jeff said, you can't pick up a laden pallet.

With proper ballasting, I've lifted at most a 1/2 pallet of light material like mulch.

Where they come in handy is that I built a wooden box mounted to a pallet to put rubbish like leaves/twigs/sticks and other cumbersome/annoying light, but large items, where as they would fall out of the bucket or I'd need to make a zillion trips. I pick that up with the forks. Works VERY well and MUCH better than hauling a garden trailer around...

/ Looking for help on different bucket connection styles for BXs tractors to run forks #8  
I have done the calculations and Jerry Dunn pallet forks are the latest and reduce your FEL capacity the least. But of course, you have to take the bucket off of your FEL to use them, after which you can quickly put your bucket back on.

The bxpanded.com bucket forks, which I have simply attach to your bucket quickly, and come off just as quickly. However, the forks sit much farther out and so you have reduced capacity.