looking for my first tractor

/ looking for my first tractor #1  

griz

Tractor
Case DX 40 8/1/03
Hello everyone, This is my first post so bear with me. I (as most) have been looking around at the sometimes overwhelming info here for awhile. Even with all of the excellent info I seem to find myself running in circles. I have checked out many different tractors and I think I have narrowed it down to a case/new holland (d35,d40,tc35,tc40) and the kubota (l3130dt,l3430dt). I will be using it for loader work on my job sites (building houses) and at home (40 acres- 1/2 woods and hills, cattle, etc.) I would be getting them with a fel, bush hog, and possible bh(if $ allows). Price is a concern but, I want to get something that I will be able to use. Lift capacity is also a concern. What confuses me is that the Kubota which is smaller has a higher 3pt lift, and the loader lift is close to the same. Can that smaller tractor do the same as the larger case/nh. So far the Kubota is aprox. $1500-2500 cheaper but a smaller tractor. Any input on either brands/models would be great! Thanks, Griz

/ looking for my first tractor #2  
I started out set on a blue tractor, but really it was the dealers advice about their own tractors that steered me away. The Kubotas (and Deere's) do outperform them in loader capacity. Ans a smaller tractor sure is handy, when you are needing to get into tight spaces. With any you need to be sure that you got ballast done right.

The CNH are fine machines. I probably oversimplify, but feel they are the best Mowers, and good at FEL, where the others shine a little more at the brute stuff.

Up to $2500 less is a long way to a backhoe. which is sure a plus... And you sure would not regret the Kubota.

/ looking for my first tractor #3  
OH, I bought my Deere from Tristate Hardware in Southwest City, MO
417-762-3242

He beat Kubota, and New Holland prices, by a long way. As if you NEEDED another option.

My setup was $23000.00

/ looking for my first tractor #4  
"the Kubota which is smaller has a higher 3pt lift"

If that refers to "lift capacity", I wouldn't believe it. lift capacity if directly related to tractor weight and beefiness of components. Any 3ph is either going to lift the implement, lift the front of the tractor or break something, and there is a limit to how much weight you can add to the front end. If it means "lift height", that can only be done with longer lower lift arms, which of course, reduces capacity.