Check out Chromebase.

This is what I have: HP Chromebase All-in-One Desktop

Screenshot 2022-12-15 17.10.31.png

With a rotating display:

Screenshot 2022-12-15 17.10.15.png

But would need a USB SD card reader.

Last edited:
   / Looking for new Windows 11 laptop with a deep SD card slot #13  
I don't think so. I have the latest MacBook Pro and it has MagSafe, SD Card, 3 Thunderbolt3/USB3.1, earphone, and HDMI.

Years ago they had eliminated quite a few things but their newer models they put it back in.

As for a recommendation, There are good models out there of about every brand. Find the OS you like and then choose.
Wow, what will they think of next...maybe they will start including chargers with their new $1,800 iPhones?

I was unhappy when Apple decided my last macbookpro had been recharged "too many times" and would unexpectedly shut down when the battery dropped below 98%. There was a battery recall, but, my machine was 5 years old so Apple had discontinued stock so they wouldn't replace my battery under the recall. I could get it replaced by an authorized apple dealer though for $800 because they also had to replace the keyboard the battery was glued to.

My new MBP came WITHOUT magsafe, no aux ports, only 4 firewire ports, and one had to be used for charging. Surprise!

/ Looking for new Windows 11 laptop with a deep SD card slot #14  
Since you are already investing in a new laptop, it might be a good time to switch to an external solid state drive with a usb-c connection. The difference in backup speed is night and day.
Not to mention a LOT more storage capacity as well as compatibility with more devices. Other than cameras, what uses SD cards these days?
Does it have to be Windows 11?

Check out Cromebook.

Does it have to be a laptop?
Trouble with Chromebooks is that they have (or at least used to) built-in obsolescence...in that they stop working after a certain length of time after manufacture, and I don't think there's much you can do on one without an internet connection. At least with a more traditional OS, it will continue to work even if the software isn't supported anymore.

Unless you really need the portability I agree that a desktop of some sort gives a lot more bang for the buck, and with a full-size keyboard and traditional mouse is a lot easier to use.

/ Looking for new Windows 11 laptop with a deep SD card slot #15  
   / Looking for new Windows 11 laptop with a deep SD card slot #16  
   / Looking for new Windows 11 laptop with a deep SD card slot #17  
Like the title says. One of the more important features to me is a full size SD card slot that I can put a SD card in, ideally so it is flush.
I like to backup to SD cards.
Other features -
~ 15" screen
8GB RAM, preferably more
Bluetooth
Good wireless chip

I had one years ago, my present one (Dell 15 3000) An SD card sticks out for most of it's length.
Any recommendations from TBN'ers?
No gaming features required
Here is one. Can't tell how flush the SD card will be though.

IdeaPad 5i (15” Intel)

/ Looking for new Windows 11 laptop with a deep SD card slot #18  
Has card reader, but no idea if the card would be flush