Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #1  

gkin20

Hello all, I'm thinking of buying a Challenger MT285 series made by Agco. It has 32.4 pto hp, 3 cyl iseki engine, 16fx16r powershuttle trans, wet brakes, independent pto, and 4x4. Other features are industrial tires, fel, telescopic stabilizers and link ends with 2,755 lbs of lift at the hitch point. With all mentioned, the dealer quoted me 17,100. I've looked at almost all others within the same specs but this seems to be a good deal all considering. What do you think? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Glad to be a part of TBN! Thanks!

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #2  
I'm not up on the pricing on these, but it is a very nice tractor. It's very much like an Iseki TA275F. We've had a few of these TA Iseki's, and haven't had any problems with them.

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #3  
It's not made by Agco. They are made by Iseki for Agco. Good tractors though all the same. Its about time they got their prices competitive

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #4  
That sounds like a resonable price to me.

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #5  
I just tried one of the new challengers MT295 and thought they were a little behind in time.

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #6  
<font color="blue"> </font> "I just tried one of the new challengers MT295 and thought they were a little behind in time. " <font color="black"> </font>
Just curious, in what way(s), and compared to what?

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #7  
Good solid tractor, priced similar to what I was quoted last year. If you have an AGCO dealer in the area compare the price to a ST35, you may be paying a little more for the Cat name, sort of like the Case DX models run higher than the NH boomers in my area.

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #8  
I thought the side panels on the engine are preety flemsy,the three point hookups still have turn buckels instead of adjustible pins,the loader is slow,cant get to radiator screen without pulling side panels,with loader cant get radiator screen out to clean,have to reach for the loader control. I own four compact Kubotas and do lots of different work with them,so thats what I had to compare with.

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #9  
Thanks...That's kind of surprising. You'd think that in today's global business world, companies would learn and borrow from each other.

Any idea if the MF and AGCO Iseki's are the same setup?

/ Looking for opinions on Challenger pricing........ #10  
some Challenger = some Masseys = some Agco = Iseki
All are sold in the US under AgcoCorp .