Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #1  

Soldier415

Platinum Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota L3010GST. 2005 Kubota L3430HSTC
Hi all,

Finally got my wife on board with having a barn built. Looking at a 60x40 on a concrete slab with 10' lean to on one side and the upper portion of the interior as a loft space for storage/man cave.

Based on the recommendation of a friend I requested a quote from Morton Buildings – Pole Barns, Horse Barns, Metal Buildings |
Morton Buildings
as they did his barn build and it is dynamite. Another friend of mine in MO had an Amish crew coordinate and assemble his barn and it came out great, not to mention the Amish gents worked FAST.

This is my first foray into the arena and wanted to pick the brains of those with more experience in this area.

To my mind I would rather have one company do the whole **** thing. But I know some have one company do the excavation and pad prep, buy the kit and have it delivered, and then have yet another company do the assembly.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #2  
My landlord had an Amish company come in and do a giant building here at my shop, and at the farm we just used DIYPoleBarn, but we put up the brewery building ourselves. I'll ask my landlord who he used. they were really fast.

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England
My landlord had an Amish company come in and do a giant building here at my shop, and at the farm we just used DIYPoleBarn, but we put up the brewery building ourselves. I'll ask my landlord who he used. they were really fast.

Thanks. Did a quote through DIYpolebarns and they came back with $25,791.22 for materials and a preferred builder estimate for the build at $12,600.

I assume the build quote does not include pad prep and concrete pouring?

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #4  
Are you going to finish & heat any part of this building?

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England

At this point I don't plan to. Storage for tractor, attachments, toys and trailers with the 2nd story being general storage

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #6  
Hi all,

Finally got my wife on board with having a barn built. Looking at a 60x40 on a concrete slab with 10' lean to on one side and the upper portion of the interior as a loft space for storage/man cave.

Based on the recommendation of a friend I requested a quote from Morton Buildings – Pole Barns, Horse Barns, Metal Buildings |
Morton Buildings
as they did his barn build and it is dynamite. Another friend of mine in MO had an Amish crew coordinate and assemble his barn and it came out great, not to mention the Amish gents worked FAST.

This is my first foray into the arena and wanted to pick the brains of those with more experience in this area.

To my mind I would rather have one company do the whole **** thing. But I know some have one company do the excavation and pad prep, buy the kit and have it delivered, and then have yet another company do the assembly.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

I have a Morton Building that they built for me in 1984.
It is 1/4 mile back from a salt water (corrosion area) inlet.
Still looking great at 33 years old.

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #7  
Thanks. Did a quote through DIYpolebarns and they came back with $25,791.22 for materials and a preferred builder estimate for the build at $12,600.

I assume the build quote does not include pad prep and concrete pouring?

Probably not. The price for the barn they got here on the farm was just the building materials and stamped plans, not install or pad/foundation.

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #8  

At this point I don't plan to. Storage for tractor, attachments, toys and trailers with the 2nd story being general storage

Morton is a good Co. The only trouble with them is they are very, very fast. They'll be pulling out before the ink is dry on your check. Not a "cut" on Morton at all, just an observation, putting myself in the owners "mindset" - spending that much money should take more than 3-4 day's!
I'm sure they will, but make sure they know the local "snow load's" for the roof. Quite a few barns in NY & VT have gone down in the past month.

Also, consider your roof pitch & door location(s). The amount of snow that will come off the roof, especially on the "lean too" side will amaze you. If you can, gable end doors, at least for the most used door's, are a big plus.
This is what I get off my lean too, (from a 12" snow) it includes the main roof above the lean too.
DSCN8671.JPG

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #9  
I put up a Morton in 1992 and another in 2003. Both of them still look new. On the second one, I found a good cement guy for the floor and saved about half over their preferred subcontractor. No unexpected cracks so far. Morton also had some good design advice.

As far as fast, Morton has invested in productivity. They hauled in a TLB that also had an auger for the posts and a scaffold attachment to let them drive around the perimeter and reach the high stuff. Also, an interesting method of burying the treated base of the laminated posts first and then building up the above-grade part of the posts to the exact height afterward.

If I ever add on to this barn, I'll call them first.

/ Looking for reputable pole barn building companies in New England #10  
I like the way they set the post's, then build the rest of the wall horizontally, and like you said, built to finished height, put on the purlins and "swing" the wall up & tie both sides of the post together. Very ingenious! I've seen that same tractor rig in several parts of the country. They do have pole building's 'dialed in'.