Looking for research recommendation

/ Looking for research recommendation #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Hi Folks

I have been away from this forum for a while due to health and a few other issues. Now I have a question for those who are current on the features of various tractors.

I am having to get rid of my 1985 Zetor 5245 due to some problems with my clutch leg and I am interested in any suggestions, ideas, recommendations on what I might find to replace it.

My wish list is as follows:

Hydrostatic transmission
3 PH front and rear
At least one set of external hydraulic ports
Able to operate my current attachments - box blade, rotary brush cutter (5 ft) snow blower.

I am thinking 25 to 35 HP
FEL if possible
No objection to used equipment
A cab would be a bonus in winter.

I look forward to your collective wisdom as I begin my research project

Bob

/ Looking for research recommendation #2  
Hi Bob -

I took delivery of a new Kubota 3540HST-C last week. I also needed something easier to operate and it fits the bill to a T. The hydrostatic is very easy to adapt to and the cruise control makes operating easier yet. I can't say enough about a cab with A/C. In my case it's a necessity, not a luxury - but at any rate I'm able to go a lot longer than I could before without it.

I don't know abt front 3PH - never had it & new tractor doesn't either. I'm using a 5 ft bush hog on it and it handles it easily. The dealer said it'll handle a 6 ft one. I also got a set of remote Hyds, although I haven't put them to use yet. I'm shopping for a hydraulic top link.

Admittedly, I'm still enamored with the new paint but this seems like an ideal tractor for my needs. Fighting with old equipment becomes less fun over time.

Good luck & happy hunting.

- SideHillBill