Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update)

/ Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update) #1  

Skeptiksks

Tractor
Kioti ck3510hst
The wife and I bought a brand new Kioti ck3510hst back in June. We have 120 hours on it, now it is throwing a check engine light and a couple of codes, then decided to go into limp mode. We seem to have made the cardinal sin of not properly vetting our dealership so getting answers and support has been troublesome.

The codes in question are 9300 f20, and 9263 f28. It will also not let me initiate a regen cycle.

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with tractor diagnostics and tools and can maybe point me in the right direction, as well as where to find a service manual. Obviously if there is a serious issue I will gladly have it serviced, but I don't want to have to sit on my hands for something I can easily fix myself if I don't have to.

Also, I hate computers.

/ Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update) #2  
This sounds like a dealer/warranty issue to me. You should force the issue or try to locate another dealer willing to help.

/ Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update)
This sounds like a dealer/warranty issue to me. You should force the issue or try to locate another dealer willing to help.

Dealer distance is the big one for me. It is definitely still within warranty. I will be forcing the issue tomorrow if the response is less than satisfactory.

/ Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update) #6  
Is this a link to a service manual or an owners manual? Also will I need an actual computer to utilize it? I do damned near everything on mobile unless I absolutely to use the wife's computer.
Its the Service (Workshop) manual.. You can open it on mobile if you can open .pdf (99% can)

And this is the Operators Manual if you didnt get one: http://www.demss.co.kr/dossfile/manualnew/OM/CK3510(D,H)_CK4010(D,H))-OM-ALL-161220.pdf

There is not a list of codes for the new tractors.

/ Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update) #7  
The wife and I bought a brand new Kioti ck3510hst back in June. We have 120 hours on it, now it is throwing a check engine light and a couple of codes, then decided to go into limp mode. We seem to have made the cardinal sin of not properly vetting our dealership so getting answers and support has been troublesome.

The codes in question are 9300 f20, and 9263 f28. It will also not let me initiate a regen cycle.

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with tractor diagnostics and tools and can maybe point me in the right direction, as well as where to find a service manual. Obviously if there is a serious issue I will gladly have it serviced, but I don't want to have to sit on my hands for something I can easily fix myself if I don't have to.

Also, I hate computers.
The codes listed refer to 'DPF" overload faults. This is generally caused by cancelling (2) Automatic Regen Cycles by reducing the engine rpm below 1700 during an automatic regen cycle. The dealer will need to do a "Forced Manual Regen" to be able to clear the DPF Filter and the error codes. These errors will put the tractor in "limp mode" to protect the engine.

Hope this helps,

The codes listed refer to 'DPF" overload faults. This is generally caused by cancelling (2) Automatic Regen Cycles by reducing the engine rpm below 1700 during an automatic regen cycle. The dealer will need to do a "Forced Manual Regen" to be able to clear the DPF Filter and the error codes. These errors will put the tractor in "limp mode" to protect the engine.

Hope this helps,

This is frustrating to hear because I haven't canceled any DPF regens. I did the first one at 29 hours, and the second on at 78. I was expecting another on to come on around 100 hours but never got an indicator light for it. Now did I get any DPF warning lights.

The machine typically gets ran at full bore as everything is more responsive, especially when spending hours trenching with the backhoe.

So far, not a fan of tier 4.

Last edited:
   / Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update) #9  
I often think I want a new tractor, but I ask myself if I want something else that has a check engine light and so far, that answer is no. Guess I better hang onto my old lawnmower too.

/ Looking for some information on kioti codes and diagnostics (update) #10  
This is frustrating to hear because I haven't canceled any DPF regens. I did the first one at 29 hours, and the second on at 78. I was expecting another on to come on around 100 hours but never got an indicator light for it. Now did I get any DPF warning lights.

The machine typically gets ran at full bore as everything is more responsive, especially when spending hours trenching with the backhoe.

So far, not a fan of tier 4.

This happened to my tractor back in 2014 without setting the check engine light or the regen light. I concluded that the engine never got hot enough to do a regen cycle. This was a big problem for all kinds of tier 4 engines. The field solution is to install a warmer thermostat. The no mechanic available solution is to block off your radiator or pinch one of the radiator hoses to restrict flow so the engine runs hot enough for it to cycle through a regeneration cycle.