Looking for the right Rake Grapple

/ Looking for the right Rake Grapple #31  
Thanks for the info, Ted. And not to give you a hard time, but why would you replace DOM with Hardox channel on 55 and 60 but not the 66? I know the DOM is super-thick, but it was that way on the 55 and 60, too, and your video said that the channel was 3x stronger than the DOM. Don't deprive us who need the 66! :)

P.S. - Makes sense that the channel would not scoop dirt on the top lid. I wasn't thinking.
The design change on our 55 and 60 was originally implemented due to necessity, because we couldn't get a particular thickness of DOM round tubing. It worked very well, and added another EA created puzzle piece vs outsourcing additional material, so it stayed, and gives us yet another feature which can't be bought elsewhere!

Concerning the 66, that beast is recommended for some heavy, capable machines such as tracked skid steers and tractors like our M6-141, which we punished it with, so if we changed its design, the Hardox channel would need to be thicker. If you know Hardox, you know it doesn't like to bend, so bending the thickness used on the 55 and 60 was really a first, and something they said couldn't be done, so I don't think tackling a thicker one is feasible.

Take a good look at this freakish stuff, and try to imagine any material being stronger. Also, try to find it on any other tractor grapple on the planet!!!
Travis

20221117_101322s.jpg

20221117_101512s.jpg

20221117_101603s.jpg

/ Looking for the right Rake Grapple #32  
I know that the OP has already order is grapple, but I thought I would mention the Homestead Implements grapple that I have. It is the 55" Root Grapple Pinnacle Series.

I found that picking up leaves works pretty good with it. I wasn't sure if they would stay in the grapple or not.

08_59_46.jpg

I have been very happy with the grapple so far.

09_21_20.jpg

/ Looking for the right Rake Grapple
Thanks, md. I've looked at (on paper) Homestead's Utility version of that grapple as an alternative to EA's Wicked 66, because of the long lead time at EA. It looks to be quite stout, but they warn against certain uses that EA appears to actually encourage in their videos. I think you'll be happy if you don't try to topple any trees.

Looks like a nice setup you have there in Festus.