Looking for thumb for extendahoe

/ Looking for thumb for extendahoe #1  

badbowtie

Bronze Member
Tractor
B7100 gear drive
I have a deere 410b with a extendahoe. I am looking for a mechanical thumb that is not 3k. I really like the pin mounted style but can't justify 3k. There has to be other similar options for far less.

/ Looking for thumb for extendahoe #2  
Check the Ritchie Bros auctions or Machinery Trader. I bought a weld on hydraulic thumb at a Ritchie Auction for $850. It's actually a little too big for my mini-ex and I haven't decided whether I'm going to get a bigger mini-ex or try to trade it for one that'll fit yet but, they go fairly cheap when they're there. I've seen some manual thumbs at the auction occasionally.

/ Looking for thumb for extendahoe #3  
Ive got a similar 710c that im doing the same to. I bought a mechanical thumb (at ritchies) and am measuring things up now. I might mount it on the fixed part of the boom instead of the stick. Lots more room there and i dont interfere with pulling the stick all the way up...but ill only be able to use it with the boom fully retracted. Ill let you know how things work out, please do the same to me if you come up with a solution. Cheers

/ Looking for thumb for extendahoe #4  
I have a deere 410b with a extendahoe. I am looking for a mechanical thumb that is not 3k. I really like the pin mounted style but can't justify 3k. There has to be other similar options for far less.
If you can weld, reach out to FB marketplace looking for a computer controlled plasma table person. Bring them a sheet of 3/8 AR and they can put you what you want. You'll laminate the layers using button welds (filling circles with weld).