Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations?

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #1  

oifla

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new tractor with FEL and 4WD. Target specs are 1500 lbs. lifting capacity with a maximum length of 14ft from the cutting edge on the bucket to the 3pt lift arms (give or take). 60" bucket would be ideal. Those are minimum specs. Doesn't seem like manufacturers like to list the length to include the FEL so web-shopping is not going great. Any recommendations for what I should be looking at? Thanks

O.

Last edited:
   / Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #2  
Why the restriction on the length - to fit into a garage?

Obviously, the larger the tractor, the more lifting capacity you will get (generally).

Maybe go to any local dealer (doesn’t matter which brand) and take some measurements and note the model number. Then when you get home, look up the lifting capacity. That should give you a general idea as to how close you can get to 14’ with the lifting capacity that you want.

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #3  
My tractor should fit the bill. CK3510 lifts 1835 lbs on the front loader and checks in at 120 inches (without the loader). I believe the loader only sticks out about 2-2.5' in front of the tractor with a bucket mounted. BUT, if you have something mounted on the 3-pt hitch, it can be a LOT longer! You surely don't want to have to unhook an attachment just to fit your length requirement, whatever the reason may be. And any tractor that you are looking to maximize the loader capacity from should certainly have a heavy ballast or implement mounted on the 3-pt hitch for safety and to allow you to use that loader strength.

If you've got a garage or shed with only 14' of length for a tractor.... you might want to consider building a new shed. You'll probably get frustrated a lot.

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #4  
Lifting capacity is defined primarily by the hydraulic pressure available, lift cylinder piston diameter, location of the lift point from the loader mount on the tractor, and the amount of weight available to counteract the lifted load. Tractor size is only an issue because of the hydraulic pump spec's and the strength of the frame. 'Bigger' tractors need power steering, so a single pump sometimes handles both duties. My tractor has 2 pumps, one dedicated to steering. That's a good thing. I've used tractors where the steering went south because the bucket load was to high.

1500 lbs is an easy lift with my JD 80 loader equipped with forks and the load 48" out from the fork tips, 2250 psi at the cylinders. Rim Guard in the rear tires prevents tipping. As for length, that constraint depends on the rear tire size, & 3 pt link lengths, what attachment is on the back, and the length of bucket, forks, blower, etc. Height of the lift should be another concern. short arms with higher load capacity will restrict how high you can lift, based geometry.

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations?
Why the restriction on the length - to fit into a garage?

Obviously, the larger the tractor, the more lifting capacity you will get (generally).

Maybe go to any local dealer (doesn’t matter which brand) and take some measurements and note the model number. Then when you get home, look up the lifting capacity. That should give you a general idea as to how close you can get to 14’ with the lifting capacity that you want.
Thanks - I plan on hitting local dealers but i'm in an area where we don't have a lot to choose from and/or dealer stock isn't always the best.

Reason for the restriction is intended use. I have a SCUT TLB that i'm currently using and it is perfect size wise (right at that 14ft mark) but only 600lbs lifting capacity. At 14ft it also fits on my trailer along with my mini-ex. A longer tractor would mean doing trailer gymnastics and/or buying a longer trailer (not something I'm looking forward to doing now that I've got this one all set up).

O.

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations?
My tractor should fit the bill. CK3510 lifts 1835 lbs on the front loader and checks in at 120 inches (without the loader). I believe the loader only sticks out about 2-2.5' in front of the tractor with a bucket mounted. BUT, if you have something mounted on the 3-pt hitch, it can be a LOT longer! You surely don't want to have to unhook an attachment just to fit your length requirement, whatever the reason may be. And any tractor that you are looking to maximize the loader capacity from should certainly have a heavy ballast or implement mounted on the 3-pt hitch for safety and to allow you to use that loader strength.

If you've got a garage or shed with only 14' of length for a tractor.... you might want to consider building a new shed. You'll probably get frustrated a lot.
I will look at the Kioti's - funny that you brought it up first because i'd seen the web but of course I don't have the length with the loader mounted (you'd think they would publish that somewhere!).

At work I usually run the tractor without any implements (see above for the rest of the explainer). At home I do use implements so the length won't be an issue.

If you are able to throw a tape on yours, I'd appreciate it. Closest Kioti dealer is 2hrs away.

Thanks

O.

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #7  
You could look at the LS tractors like this one:

The MT235 HEC (35HP) features an economy cab and a two-pedal hydro-state transmission. An economy cab with a premium cloth seat, rubber floor mat, and more are standard.

willy

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #8  
Finding the total length online is probably going to be near impossible.
My tractor (link to bumper) is right at 11 feet. Eye balling the end of the bumper to the cutting edge looks like about 4 feet. Puts you a foot over. So I looked at the LS MT355E. Its a bit smaller with a length of 10.5 feet, link to bumper, with an eyeballed guesstimate of about 4 feet bumper to cutting edge. However, you can probably roll the bucket out and suck up some of the length if needed. Check it out!
MT355E/HE - 55HP - LS Tractor USA

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #9  
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new tractor with FEL and 4WD. Target specs are 1500 lbs. lifting capacity with a maximum length of 14ft from the cutting edge on the bucket to the 3pt lift arms (give or take). 60" bucket would be ideal. Those are minimum specs. Doesn't seem like manufacturers like to list the length to include the FEL so web-shopping is not going great. Any recommendations for what I should be looking at? Thanks

O.

That dimension is rarely if ever listed but it can be calculated by looking at multiple sources. Manufacturers often list the reach of the loader on the ground, which is the distance from the cutting edge of the standard bucket to the front axle centerline. They also commonly list the wheelbase of the tractor and the overall length of the tractor. The dimensions they don't list are the front overhang (distance from the front axle centerline to the front of the tractor) or the rear overhang (distance from the rear axle centerline to the end of the 3-point arms), and if you had either of those you could simply add together the relevant figures to get your length. However, the University of Nebraska does measure the rear overhang on tractors it tests, so if they tested a tractor, you have that third number you need to add to the wheelbase and reach. The only issue is that Nebraska doesn't test very many compacts. They test every model of 100+ PTO HP tractor sold in the state per state law but below that, testing is optional and testing anything smaller than a full-sized utility tractor is uncommon.

For what it is worth, my tractor has a length of 15' 11 1/2" from the cutting edge to the ends of the 3 point draft arms. Nebraska did test my tractor and thus I got the relevant figures, and my tape measure agrees with it.

However, if you just need to fit it on a trailer, does it really matter how much the 3 point arms stick out behind the rear wheels? You could poke the arms off of the front or back of the trailer, or nestle your mini-ex's bucket between the arms. Figuring out the distance from the front of the cutting edge to the back of the rear tires is much easier, you just need the reach + wheelbase + radius of your rear tire (widely available from tire makers, just divide the diameter listed there by two.)

/ Looking for tractor FEL with 1500lbs lift, recommendations? #10  
I'll measure mine next time I have the bucket on. I park in my garage without the bucket to save the ~two feet of length from always being in my way. SSQA is so convenient for on/off that I generally switch FEL attachments a lot and then dismount when coming in to park.

I presume you need to bring a bucket along with you if also transporting a mini-ex. But maybe you could pop it off and find a good place to stash it (in the truck bed, for example). Saves a lot of length.