Looking for valves for gas 444

/ Looking for valves for gas 444
IH typically listed engine parts separately. Get the engine model from the block (probably hand stamped on a flat machined boss on the right side) and look up parts that way.

I thanks I found valves , figured out the way ngine wax a bc144 . Not very commen and valves where a lot of money. Got the tractor running yesterday and starts right up now

/ Looking for valves for gas 444 #23  
Just a quick question . What are you using for hydrolic oil I assume it's all together and where do you fill and where do you check level , I have no owners Manuel and the service one does not say

For hydraulic oil I buy the relatively cheap five gallon pail from Canadian Tire. The filler plug is located behind the seat on the right side of the tractor. For decades I was bothered by a persistent hydraulic oil leak from around the suction strainer (located near the operator's right shin) so I finally decided the leak was caused by the hydraulic reservoir becoming pressurized when hot. There may well be a vent to this reservoir somewhere but I can't find it and if there is one on mine it must be plugged. The suction strainer has an o-ring on it but is simply pushed into the casing so it doesn't seal well. The o-ring is an odd ball size and I couldn't find one in my area when I decided to fix this problem a few years ago so I replaced the filler plug with a venting pipe. I'll attach a photo below. This cured the leaking problem although I see that the o-ring is now available from Messick's for a whopping U.S. $8.16! New Holland / Case IH: O-RING, Part # 74348R1
The level of the hydraulic oil should be just at the bottom of the filler neck with all your hydraulic cylinders completely retracted. Put the loader over a ditch or something similar to achieve this. The hydraulic system drain plug is located about a foot below the filler plug. I hope this helps.

Tractor 003.JPG

Last edited:
   / Looking for valves for gas 444 #24  
The arrow in the photo points to the drain plug. Note the cloth "filter" on the end of my vent pipe.

Tractor Arrow.jpg

/ Looking for valves for gas 444
Is the tranny a different compartment and different grade oil

/ Looking for valves for gas 444 #26  
Yes the tranny is a different reservoir then the hydraulic on these tractors.

/ Looking for valves for gas 444 #27  
Yes the tranny is a different reservoir then the hydraulic on these tractors
For hydraulic oil I buy the relatively cheap five gallon pail from Canadian Tire. The filler plug is located behind the seat on the right side of the tractor. For decades I was bothered by a persistent hydraulic oil leak from around the suction strainer (located near the operator's right shin) so I finally decided the leak was caused by the hydraulic reservoir becoming pressurized when hot. There may well be a vent to this reservoir somewhere but I can't find it and if there is one on mine it must be plugged. The suction strainer has an o-ring on it but is simply pushed into the casing so it doesn't seal well. The o-ring is an odd ball size and I couldn't find one in my area when I decided to fix this problem a few years ago so I replaced the filler plug with a venting pipe. I'll attach a photo below. This cured the leaking problem although I see that the o-ring is now available from Messick's for a whopping U.S. $8.16! New Holland / Case IH: O-RING, Part # 74348R1
The level of the hydraulic oil should be just at the bottom of the filler neck with all your hydraulic cylinders completely retracted. Put the loader over a ditch or something similar to achieve this. The hydraulic system drain plug is located about a foot below the filler plug. I hope this helps.

View attachment 547949
thanks for the reply, No the reservoir is not overfilled according to the manufacturer. If anything it is a little low when I look in from the top.